Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2005, 01:51 AM

Default Flop bottom pair from BB vs. two opponents on ragged flop.

Paradise Poker $1/2 ---8 handed

Both opponents are unknown.

4 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, AC checks with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

(3 SB)
3 players-- FLOP: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB checks, AC bets, CO calls, SB folds

(2.5 BB)
2 players ---TURN: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

AC bets, CO calls.

(4.5 BB)
2 players--- RIVER: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

AC checks, CO bets, AC folds.....

Should I just check/fold in these situations even though I may often have the best hand versus two overcards?
Old 04-19-2005, 02:01 AM

Default Re: Flop bottom pair from BB vs. two opponents on ragged flop.

Tarding:

Check/fold. Pot is tiny. Your hand sucks. Nuff said.

EDIT - man, I am an idiot. Declared "tard" when I am first to reply...
Old 04-19-2005, 02:19 AM

I think I check/fold this turn. Flop bet is fine, but we wanted to fold CO so that we have position. OOP, c/f this turn. If we had folded the CO on the flop, I bet the turn vs. SB and check the river UI.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:38 AM

Grunching:

You "might" have the best hand on the flop, but I don't think that will hold up through the river in a standard micro game.

Flop: I don't like the bet here. The pot isn't big enough to semi-bluff to your five outs, and anyone who calls you probably has a higher pair. I check and fold this every time.

Turn: You managed to get heads up, but you are probably drawing now, and the pot is small. I check and fold this as well.

River: You can check and call this if you think you are ahead more than 18% of the time. I don't think you have enough info about your opponent to do so.

Since you've shown strength through the whole hand, I think you should actually bet this river. Fold if you are raised, though. You don't want to invest more than one more BB in this hand. What FE you've developed through the earlier play is probably more EV than checking the river.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:51 AM

I changed my blind defense a bit after the 2+2 table the other night and it has worked very nicely sice. Without any reads this is a bit tough, but against donks this is how I'd play it.

The CO limped in first, that either means he's very weak or he's got a big hand and he doesn't want to scare out the blinds. I check-call the flop and then, if it's HU I lead straight out on the turn. And that's the last bet I will be putting in the pot.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:55 AM

Grunching:

I don't completely agree with the flop bet in this situation. You may have the best hand right now but any overcard can outdraw you if you aren't already beaten. Also, only 2 other players are in the hand so if a 4 comes on the turn (giving you a redraw to the open-ended straight) it won't be profitable to chase. With a relatively small pot in a situation like this I believe you are best to check and fold on the flop.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:11 AM

* grunch *

i would check the flop and fold to any bets...this is passive i know but i dont have odds to bet yet im to big a loser to fold.

sweave1
Old 04-19-2005, 06:17 AM

Once you bet the turn you should call the river I think. But I wouldn't suggest betting the turn. check the turn and river and call only if he bets the river. He could have anything with a riverbet, even Ace high, but I would fold to a turn bet.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:49 AM

I would check/fold this flop. Why u would want to get involved in this pot with a poor hand is weird.