Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2005, 11:09 AM

Default What to do?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ?</font>
Old 04-15-2005, 11:12 AM

Default Re: What to do?

well your color looks like you raised. smooth call. you lose to an A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and that's it.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:15 AM

I would raise and call if 3-bet, then raise the turn after MP2 bets into me again.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:16 AM

Raise. No one's going to believe you flopped a flush anyhow.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but they might fold to a 2 bet. why raise when you have 2nd best?
Old 04-15-2005, 11:22 AM

With 4 people left to act behind you, I stongly consider just calling the flop bet. Your position relative to the initial bettor sucks as far as being able to trap people for 2 is concerned. If it had gone Bet, Call, Call, Call, Call, Hero...? I'd say definitelyr raise. As it is, I think just calling is fine so long as you put a raise in at some point, probably the turn.

Calling is fine. Raising is fine. You just better not fold!
Old 04-15-2005, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ?</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Monotone boards like this kill your action. I'd probably just call on this flop and hope someone after me raises. I will be raising unless something very weird happens. The only way I'm rasing this flop is if the table has a couple of maniacs and a few calling stations. That way you get all the action you want and get it earlier.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Add that and the fact that you'll get lots of action on flops like this from hands that don't expect you to have a flush (and hands that are drawing to the nut flush or other flushes), and I like a raise here. People are more likely to call two on the flop than on the turn, and you want to get them tied to the pot if possible.