Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2005, 04:33 PM

Default Sexual Orientation

I hope you all will remember back to the second Bush-Kerry debate (the one where Bush CLEARLY was better than Kerry as Kerry was in the first debate) when Kerry decided that outing (though many already knew) Cheney's daughter as a lesbian was an appropriate thing to do. Honestly, he has no reason to do this other than to make sure that the base for Cheney and Bush know that Cheney's daughter is a lesbian, something that many people feel would for some reason hurt W and Cheney. Recently, Bill Clinton responded to a gay Republican authors book with comments that referenced his homosexuality and referring to the author as possibly being self hating.

These are two major and public examples of Liberals using someones sexual orientation as an attack. Let's be clear and intellectually honest here, they WERE attacks. So, please provide me with some examples of similar things Republicans have done on the issue of homosexuality. I, for one, cannot think of a case LIKE these.

So, the question is, who is REALLY intolerant? It's not the Conservatives, so who could it be?