Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Is there Anyway to know

I was recently playing in a 1/2 NL game and this is what happened, I just wanted to know if there was a better way to read this hand.

Hero's hole cards: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG: Calls
UTG+1: Calls
EP: Calls
MP: Folds
Hero: Calls
Button: Folds
SB: Calls
BB: Checks

Flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB: Checks
BB: Checks
UTG: Bets 2
EP: Folds
Hero: Raises to 6
SB: Folds
BB: Folds
UTG: Calls

Turn: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG: Checks
UTG+1: Checks
Hero: Bets 10
UTG: Raises all-in 21.60
UTG+1: Folds
Hero: Calls (He was low chip stacked and had just taken a bad beat, I put him on AQ or AK)

River: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Show Down: Hero: Two pair Aces and twos
UTG: Two pair Aces and fives.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Is there Anyway to know

fold preflop
Old 04-17-2005, 04:14 PM

Default Re: Is there Anyway to know

Playing A2 about the only thing you can hope for is to flop 2 pair or better, because if you get any action when you flop just a pair of aces, you are the one giving action. This is a clear fold preflop. Once you hit 2 pair you are probably stuck in the hand unless the board pairs or the flush draw hits. Tough break.

Let me preface this by saying that it is impossible to give you an unbiased hand reading, because you posted the outcome. In the future, don't post the outcome and give the pot size on every street. You put your opponent on AK or AQ in an unraised pot preflop? I say this is about a 1% chance he limped AK or AQ. I think he probably either has a flush draw or some pair hand he doesn't like too much. Why would he make a min bet with AK or AQ and a obvious flush draw out there? I would also think there is a small chance he is slowplaying a big hand like trips, but the possible flush draw still makes this unlikely. He obviously likes the turn card, but his raise on the turn is so small I think you have to call no matter what. Heck you are getting about 6 to 1 to call the raise. I think it should be obvious that you are probably beaten, but you still must call getting 6 to 1. I figure him probably for a better 2 pair since 95, 92, and 52 aren't hands most people are playing UTG. He may have trips. Either way, you still have to call getting 6 to 1 in case he plays junk like 95 suited and just hit a garbage 2 pair.