Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2005, 02:11 PM

Default Got confused, should I have called down?

CO is 14% VPIP and 14% PFR over 25 hands

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO (poster) 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

Preflop raise, just started to do this from anywhere, good?
Flop bet was to isolate, thought CO would raise me and he did. Although should i have tried to see turn cheaply
On the turn I thought that he isnt necessarily raising junk so I folded.

Help [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2005, 02:17 PM

Default Re: Got confused, should I have called down?

hmmm... 25 hands isn't a lot according to others around here, but i think those stats indicated a TAG. i think you're facing AA-JJ. he doesn't seem to care that you paired either J or T, so either he has a set of Jxs or AA-QQ, least thats my thought.

i think folding is fine.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:19 PM

Yes, raise ATs in an unraised pot in any position. I think I'd check/call the flop, you've got MPTK, BDSD and a BDFD. The turn can help a lot, or make it nearly hopeless so I want to see it for one bet. I would also fold the turn.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:20 PM

Well played, imo.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:20 PM

1. The PFR is automatic.

2. The flop bet is fine. You should actually sort of be rooting for a raise to get BB out.

3. Once it's HU, I think you need to call this down. Many villians will keep firing away with AK or AQ here. Some players will even play this way with 99 (putting you on unimproved overcards). On the turn, you might have the best hand and if not you probably have 5 outs (except vs. AA or AJ). On the river, you'll be getting almost 10:1 on a call. This should be +EV I think.

Edit: Hmmmmm. I'm sitting on a 28.5% WSD and am looking for more opportunities to get to show down. Apparently this isn't one of them.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2. The flop bet is fine. You should actually sort of be rooting for a raise to get BB out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was! That was the only reason I bet rather than check call. My WSD is ~ 30% which is similar to yours. Is that low?

The turn bugs me though, it is a nice(ish) card which doesnt really change anything. His turn bet would be a follow through and I would play 2 strong overs how he did, although I would also play a high PP the same way.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:31 PM

I like the PFR and flop bet. The turn is questionable to me also. Villain's tight and aggressive preflop. What about postflop? What's his stat there? He might be shooting at air hoping to get you to muck.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:41 PM

I think he has a big PP he's pushing throught the hand. I think you did right by folding, as this is not a huge pot worth fighting for.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:13 PM

I might 3-bet the flop to see how much he likes his hand. Don't know how kosher that would be.

In your case I would have called down the turn and river because if I was in villains shoes I would be playing AK and AQ just like that.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:17 PM

I like preflop and the flop bet. Getting almost 8:1 on the turn may not be enough, though, since it's possible your ace outs are tainted. I probably play it the same way as you.