Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Bankroll management (low content)

I would appreciate any replies on this theoretical situation. Something like a poll. Let's say that I decide to move up limits. I am competent enough so that the magic number of 300BB can keep me safe. However I decide to take a shot with 150BB. (Am I 50% likely to go bust with this?). I am extremely lucky and quickly have an upswing of 150BB. I now have 300 BB. Am I safe now?
Old 04-11-2005, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Bankroll management (low content)

I don't get the question.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:47 PM

Each hand is a seperate event. The previous hand has nothing to do with it.

Whether you get your 300BB from playing the previous limit, the current limit, a higher limit, or your wallet should make no difference.

Once you hit the 300BB mark then you are adequately bankrolled. Up until that second, you weren't.

KO
Old 04-11-2005, 05:42 PM

Otter gave a good reply. I'll just add this. I don't like to take shots with less than 200BB FWIW. If you feel you're good enough and don't mind a bit more risk, then 150BB is probably fine.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would appreciate any replies on this theoretical situation. Something like a poll. Let's say that I decide to move up limits. I am competent enough so that the magic number of 300BB can keep me safe. However I decide to take a shot with 150BB. (Am I 50% likely to go bust with this?). I am extremely lucky and quickly have an upswing of 150BB. I now have 300 BB. Am I safe now?

[/ QUOTE ]

With 150bb, you are NOT 50% likely to bust. I'm checking formulas now, if 300bb gives a .1% chance of going bust, 150bb will get you a 1%-10% chance of busting. I'm finding contradictory formulas. (Or I forgot how to do algebra..)

Regardless, it's not a linear scale, it's logarithmic. I used 300bb==1/1000 chance of busting, IDK what it really is, it obviously CAN'T be zero.. Even a million BB's couldn't get you absolute zero risk-of-ruin mathematically.

Anyone have a formula from a Sklansky/Malmuth book? I've heard one exists, but I dont have my library at work here... I'll look when I get home, but I dont have all the books.. I'd trust that a lot more than all the crap I'm getting online..
Old 04-11-2005, 06:14 PM

This article explains how to figure out your needed bankroll for a specified risk of ruin.

http://www.bet-the-pot.com/bankroll-...on-page43.html

I dunno if its the same formula that S/M use.