Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2005, 02:25 PM

Default Dealer announces bet amount incorrectly

3-6 live. One limper to Hero in CO with AJ. Hero limps, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop is J72r. Hero bets $25, SB folds, BB calls, limper folds.

Turn is 5 completing rainbow. BB checks, Hero bets $55, BB calls. I now put BB on KJ or QJ.

River is a 2. BB checks, I decide to value bet this for $55 and call any raise up to $100. Whether this was right or wrong I am not sure but here is what happens.

BB says raise $150, or raise to $150, not sure. I am sitting in seat one and say to dealer how much and he says $100 more. I auto-call and put a stack of reds over the line, at which point BB says I have a 2.

I also notice that BB has put $200 over the line and this is where the fun starts. Everyone at the table says they heard him say raise $150. Dealer said he thought it was raise to $150 and because I called so fast he couldn't correct himself. I claimed I wouldn't have called if I knew it was $150 more (not sure about this one).

Just curious what people think the correct ruling is? What if the raise was $500 and the dealer said $100? This is the second time this has happened to me and curious if it is my responsibilty or if I can hold the dealer accountable? Thanks.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:34 PM

Default Re: Dealer announces bet amount incorrectly

[ QUOTE ]
I claimed I wouldn't have called if I knew it was $150 more (not sure about this one).

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did you say this? With you holding the winning hand doesn't this comment just make matters worse?

-Steve
Old 04-11-2005, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Dealer announces bet amount incorrectly

I don't think he has the winning hand if the other person has a 2