Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Best Mario Game ever
Mario Bros. 4 8.89%
Super Mario Bros. 3 6.67%
Super Mario Bros. 2 0 0%
Super Mario Bros. 3 23 51.11%
Super Mario World 7 15.56%
Super Mario 64 8 17.78%
Super Mario Sunshine 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-07-2005, 06:22 AM

Default $5K cash or a WSOP seat?

If you won a tourney or whatever and had the choice of taking $5,000 cash or a seat in the WSOP(it's $11K this year, right?), which would you choose?

We're giving away a seat or $5K cash (your choice) and just wondering what most folks would do if they win.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:33 AM

Default Re: $5K cash or a WSOP seat?

Depends what conditions attach to the seat.

I'm sure if they were fully transferrable most people would be able to sell them for much more than $5k and would therefore choose the seat, whether they intended to play or not.

Sheriff
Old 04-07-2005, 07:00 AM

you can read MTT, but I definately wanted the seat
Old 04-07-2005, 08:24 AM

Does the seat include any airfare or hotel room or spending money? For me that would help my decision. If I won a seat but had to get myself out there and put myself up, you're looking at expenses of over $1000, depending of course on how long you last. That might be a factor. Most of the WSOP seat packages I see include airfare and some cash.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you won a tourney or whatever and had the choice of taking $5,000 cash or a seat in the WSOP(it's $11K this year, right?), which would you choose?

We're giving away a seat or $5K cash (your choice) and just wondering what most folks would do if they win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im building a roll and have no chance to win at the WSOP. I would take the cash and try to start advancing in levels so that by the time my game is good enough for the the WSOP, (if ever) I could go using my winnings.

Greg
Old 04-07-2005, 09:42 AM

The seat is hands down better than the $5k because you can almost assuredly resell the seat for more than 5k if you don't want to play.

cjx
Old 04-07-2005, 09:44 AM

While getting 5k would be nice, I don't think it would measureably improve my life in any way. I don't *NEED* anything and as far as poker my ability is currently the limiting factor, not my bankroll. While the seat would give me a nice vacation, even if I was dead money.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The seat is hands down better than the $5k because you can almost assuredly resell the seat for more than 5k if you don't want to play.

cjx

[/ QUOTE ]
Seats are non-transferable almost without exception. I won and did NOT get airfare/hotel and I would still choose the seat hands down. If anything it is an experience in the big leagues, not to mention I think I will be better than 60% of the online qualifiers, so I think my chances of making money are at the least adequate.
~Justin
Old 04-07-2005, 11:54 AM

Seats won at online satellites may not be transferrable, but normal entries almost certainly are.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sell off $5,000 of yourself (KWAZAR-style) and "freeroll" it in the tourney. If one of my friends won a seat, I'd definitely buy a percent or two so I could feel like I had a horse in the race!