Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2005, 11:09 AM

Default Stars 0.02/0.04 Flopped bottom set vs flush draw

I just sat at table and hand was in my first orbit, so no reads. How would you have played it? Should I have been more aggresive early?

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls, SB folds, BB calls.

River: (14 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 19.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 2s Ts (three of a kind, tens).
UTG+1 has Js Ad (one pair, tens).
Hero has 3s 3h (full house, threes full of tens).
Outcome: Hero wins 19.25 BB. </font>
Old 04-07-2005, 11:13 AM

Default Re: Stars 0.02/0.04 Flopped bottom set vs flush draw

And you didn't 3-bet the flop with two people calling BB's raise cold... why?

Raise the turn as well. I don't care if someone shows you his A-high flush, raise it.

Also, try not to post results along with your hands. Just cut it after the river action or wherever you want analysis of your play. You'll get better responses that way.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:28 AM

With that many limpers in front, I have a tendancy to raise with this hand in the CO. You're gonna keep them in and may have a chance to buy the button and or get a free flop.

3-bet that flop. Isn't that what you were looking for? You hit your hand, now make em pay.

I would raise the turn too, he may be betting on the flush draw, or made 2 pair.

River, standard.

Ben

Edit: Yeah, no results. Post them later. It's hard enough not to read the other replies, much less the results in white. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2005, 12:00 PM

Flop: 3-bet
Turn: Raise/Call 3-bet
Old 04-07-2005, 12:11 PM

I think you played it fine, but maybe I'm a puss. I don't think it's unreasonable to put UTG+1 on the flush after the turn. OTOH, you could raise here and see what he does...
Old 04-07-2005, 12:20 PM

Preflop standard. Someone mentioned a raise... I'm pretty sure that is not a great idea. You should only raise 33 preflop if you open raise in LP. It's a hand you want to get in as cheaply as possible.

Flop: you shold clearly have 3 bet. You have a bet, raise, and cold callers, which would have me happy in the pants to 3 bet!

Turn: I'm okay with the call here. I don't think raising is a huge error, but you have 4 other opponents, and one of those clowns was on the flush draw on the flop.

River: standard. Go nuts!

As other's have mentioned, it's prolly not best to post yr results until later in another post on the thread. No huge deal though.

How are things going for you at the .02/.04 game? You know that is where I started, so I got much love for you dudes at the nanos. Keep plugging away!
Old 04-07-2005, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Should I have been more aggresive early?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. Even if we know one (or both) of the raisers are on a flush draw, we'd still have enough equity here to cap the flop. And no one with a flush draw is leaving, so we don't need to worry about scaring anyone away.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:22 PM

Raise the flop and the turn. You missed a lot of bets in this hand.