Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2005, 12:23 AM

Default Posted by request: LP blind hand

I thought this hand played VERY straightforward but was asked to post it anyways. I guess the only debate is whether to post the LP blind behind the button or not. Thoughts? Villains thoughts?

-Mike

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $10.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Hero (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, MP folds, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (20 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 23 BB
Old 04-07-2005, 12:35 AM

Default Re: Posted by request: LP blind hand

[ QUOTE ]
I guess the only debate is whether to post the LP blind behind the button or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be a very lopsided debate.

Scott
Old 04-07-2005, 12:54 AM

Is posting an LP blind not correct 6 handed? Cuz ive been doing it a lot. Do you think its correct 10 handed?

-Mike
Old 04-07-2005, 02:30 AM

calling the raise preflop is very loose. even completing the small blind with 3 limpers is questionable at best, and that's with much better implied odds.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:11 AM

Ed Miller Article
Old 04-07-2005, 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ed Miller Article

[/ QUOTE ]

where does he recommend calling raises with unsuited connectors? the weakest hands he talks about are Q3s and T6s, which are far stronger than 87o.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:36 AM

I'd make this call with 9:1 pot odds. He can catch straight draw and 2 pairs or better 1 in 8.7 times. So odds not to catch it 7,7:1. IMO
Old 04-07-2005, 04:07 AM

Good article. Im sure Miller would agree that this is an easy call preflop.

In his "Middle limit holdem poker" Ciaffone got a chapter on posting blinds. He says that if u are not the one posting u should see it as a raise/fold situation, dont let him in for free and also the pot is bigger so there is more to steal (Miller says the same thing when he says people are raising more if another blind is posted, without saying its always good).

Anyway, then Ciaffone talks about how to play when u are the one posting. He says u should raise any2 if u are first in:

[ QUOTE ]
Raising automatically may seem like strange advice, but the likelihood of you winning the pot outrightwith only three oponnents holding random cards is high enough to make this ploy correct. You also have position over two of three oponnents if they choose to play. This situation is a lot different then if you didnt have anything invested toward playing, because here it costs you only half as much to give you a chance to win the money. (319-320)

[/ QUOTE ]

So, my question is: Is Ciaffone right on this. Should we autoraise from CO if we post and we are first in? I normally do it with a lot of hands, not all, but a lot.

Also, I dont think u lose a lot posting in late position. Big Blind normally loses 0.15BB/hand and now u have positon so something like 0.1BB would be right. Since good players never post in SH game its a small investment to make the others think u are not that good ($2 in my 10/20). Also, if u raise with something like 87o and hit straight they will think u are even worse and not consider u a threat, which normally is good.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Good article. Im sure Miller would agree that this is an easy call preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sure Mr. Miller would have included a small unsuited connector as an example in his article if that were the case.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:36 AM

Ciaffone says we should raise any 2 in this position and u says we should fold this preflop. You think Ciaffone is wrong?