Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2005, 08:45 PM

Default annoying april fools trick

As many of you know, April fools day has just passed us by. Now, i love a good joke and appreciate a good laugh but i think that this one was a bit over the edge:

So my friend calls me up and says that he and my other friends have had great luck. He says that they have found a hundred dollar bill in the street. The dilemma however, as he puts it to me, is that there is a disagreement as to whom saw the bill first. His suggested solution is to use it to sweeten the pot of a game to be played that night. I wholeheartedly aggreed and put on my game face.
Now i kind of sensed that something was wrong when i reached my friend's house that night and people were not raring to go to win so much money. Once again, alarm bells should have been sounding when they made the decision that the hundo was not to sweeten the pot but to be the pot, winner take all. But i pushed ahead blindly. The game did not seem phony until heads up action started. My opponent whom i know very well did not seem like he was playing his normal game. I was beginning to wonder whether he was not feeling well or even in a self destructive pattern (he has been having mental problems). When i won after he bluffed with 42 off into my flopped quad fives i felt silly and stupid. It might have been a good joke if it had lasted half an hour but it lasted an hour and a half and people stopped watching after the first 45 minutes of heads up play. It was totally lame.

Jake
Old 04-05-2005, 08:52 PM

Default Re: annoying april fools trick

yeah, it doesn't really seem that there was much of a punchline. it's a shame they went to all that trouble to organize something that was, even to them, far less interesting than an actual game.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:16 AM

your friends are really bad at being funny
Old 04-07-2005, 01:42 PM

What am I missing here- you got a free $100 and you're complaining?

Unless I'm reading this wrong, sign me up for some more AF jokes like this one!
Old 04-08-2005, 08:46 AM

The whole idea of it being an april fools joke was that there was no hundred dollars. I was thinking that i might possibly get them to pay me something but it was pretty clear that they were not playing for real and i gave up.

Jake
Old 04-08-2005, 10:35 AM

ah! Dummy you for not getting the money up front
Old 04-08-2005, 11:23 AM

Your first clue should have been to ask why you would have been invited to play for this hundred, as you weren't there to spot it.
Greed makes suckers of us all.
Just don't be on tilt when you play for real $ against these clowns..
Old 04-08-2005, 11:27 AM

We cold decked a regular in our card game once to get beat with quads over quads. All in fun. Everyone gets their $ back afterwards.
It's a bad idea. Now everyone that comes in late, or goes to the bathroom, ....., wonders if the next hand they play is on the up and up.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:13 PM

Default The All-Time Dealer or Bathroom Tricks

I have in heads up with my fiance given her pocket aces while she was in the bathroom, just to see what she would do. Her fake painful expression was worth the loss I took in chips. I never told her.

As all-time dealer in three-handed play, I once dealt everyone AKo just to see how they would each play identical hands. It is an quite an interesting tactic!