Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2005, 01:03 PM

Default Another 2nd Pair

Preliminary read is that UTG is a little loose. In hindsight I think this might have been a little bit of a weak fold. At the time I folded because UTG limper lead out on the flop against 4 players with a K on the board. I figured it had to be close to 60% or more that either he or someone else had the K.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO folds, Hero folds, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB
Old 03-29-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Another 2nd Pair

I agree with the folding. Pot's not huge yet, and slightly loose UTG does not equal maniac.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:23 PM

I would call. UTG might check to you with a weak King, and you can see the river for free if you want. I think you can afford to see the turn for 1 more bet. Also, if you are only 60% sure someone has a K, then it's definitly correct to call or even raise.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:26 PM

My thinking was that it was in the 60% range or so, but it would probably cost me at least another $5 to get to the river and find out. 60% is certainly not a hard number. It just seemed very close one way or the other at the time.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:34 PM

If you raise, you might get a free card and see the river for 2BB. You could also raise, bet the turn and hope for a free showdown for 2BB again. Offcourse if he leads the turn this plan is ruined, but then I think you can safely fold the turn: villian is telling you that he has atleast a K.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:35 PM

Folding is fine. There isn't a whole lot he can be betting here unless he's a LAG.