Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2005, 07:46 PM

Default Converter testing help

I’m working on a new version of the hand converter and could use some help testing it. Right now it <font color="red">ONLY</font> supports <font color="red">PartyPoker</font>. Once it tests clean, I’ll add the code back in for PokerStars and UltimateBet (new supported site).

You can get the link to the test version from my profile. Please note this is a temporary link and will disappear once this goes into production.

New features:

1. Can convert more than one hand at a time. The most hands I’ve tested is 72 (a complete Sit &amp; Go).

2. In addition to “2 + 2” and HTML formatted output, you can get the output formatted in “plain text”.

3. Show stack sizes option is automatic for tournaments and you have to select it for ring game hands.

4. The show game number option will include the game number in the converted hand and ONLY works for HTML and “plain text” output, NOT for “2 + 2” formatted hands.

5. The first player to act is identified my showing his action in bold.

6. There is a status line at the bottom that updates for every five hands converted.

7. I’ve had problems with the river action showing properly and hope that’s now fixed.

Thank you in advance for any testing help.

Sample hand from PartyPoker:

Tournament - 7 Card Stud High-Low (30/60), Ante 5, Bring-In 10

Seat 1: (1661)
Seat 2: (130)
Seat 3: (665)
Seat 4: (685)
Hero: (1327)
Seat 6: (580)
Seat 7: (697)
Seat 8: (655)

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 2: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls

5th Street

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 2: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets (all-in)
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls

6th Street

Seat 2: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___all-in
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

River

Seat 2: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___all-in
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___bets
Old 03-19-2005, 08:29 PM

Default One more thing …

beset7, I know you asked about showing the pot size. It’s on my list for the next version. There was too much on my plate to want to do it this version.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:25 PM

Default Re: One more thing …

[ QUOTE ]
beset7, I know you asked about showing the pot size. It’s on my list for the next version. There was too much on my plate to want to do it this version.

[/ QUOTE ]

These improvements are excellent, Greenage. Pot size will have to wait!

I'd be posting hands with it but I've been playing on the cryptologic sites exclusively for the last few weeks (and no, I don't think it'd be worth the time to support these sites unless you run out of improvements to make. I don't think enough posters play there).
Old 03-20-2005, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Converter testing help

I've tested a couple of hands - so far so good.
Old 03-20-2005, 05:40 PM

Thank you lstream, I really appreciate it.
Old 03-20-2005, 05:52 PM

Just posted a hand that used the new converter - still no problems - great work as usual
Old 03-20-2005, 09:05 PM

Can you post a link to the website its located at? I don't have it on my home computer.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:10 PM

Hey BeerMoney,

Click on my name to get to my profile. It’s the second link and only works on Party right now.

Thank you for any testing help.

greenage
Old 03-20-2005, 09:16 PM

Hey Beer,

You need to copy the text from the web site, paste into notepad and save it as an HTA file in order to use the app. Figured someone of your advanced age could use the help [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2005, 09:31 PM

Hey lstream,

If you open the link in Internet Explorer, it will work from the web site. I think this is a preferable way to access it because you always get the latest version that way.

Saving the source should only be used by people that refuse to use Internet Explorer or are maybe using an old version of IE that doesn’t work.

Have you had problems running the script from IE?

greenage