Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Poker Tracker Question For Newbie

Hello all,

I've just discovered this forum and after readin some of the great posts, have downloaded Poker Tracker and have some questions.

I loaded the default profiles, and after auto-ratign my own play, it looks like I'm playing too many hands. I'm pushing in with high-payoff hands if they hit like suited connectors, and actually Ive won a lot where I play. I also know you cna make a lot by hittign a good hand and then betting lightly on the flop and turn so you get players to call your big bet on the river. Mostly I only slow-play the top ten hands from Phil Hellmuth's Play Poker Like The Pros, so I know this is safe and I've won some good pots this way. I'm kinda a stealth player in that way, you never knwo what I have until the end and then it's too late.

Anyway after I got to 50 hands I got an icon next to my name, and mine was the little fish, which I know from reading here can't be a good sign. Granted this was just 50 hands, so it could have just been the cards I got during that short time. It also had a code next to it that I wasn't sure what it meant or how to change it. Amjwya I'm not a fish but there's somethign about my Poker Tracker settigns that makes it look that way, and I'm wondering how to fix it.

I've been working on my game and raeding posts from a user groups where I also post, it's groups.myspace.com, you guys may want to check it out if you haven't already. Anyway I tried postign there and no one seemed willign to help, maybe it's somethign technical.

Do any of you have Poker Tracker and can help with how to set my icons? Or if it's my play, what is a good percent of hands to play. I won't say where I play becasue I don't want you gusy competign with me, but I play mostly 1/2 and some 5+1 sit-n-goes.

Thanks for your help, I'm lookign forward to the new informaiton here at 2+2 becasue my normal forum is not very friendly, and there are a lot of younger kids there.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:52 PM

Default Re: Poker Tracker Question For Newbie

You can "fix" PokerTracker by playing better poker. It has you classified as Loose-Passive-Passive, meaning you play too many hands, and you play very passively before and after the flop. That is the exact definition of a fish.

I don't know of a single pro player who thinks playing loose-passive is optimal. That is NOT the way to make the money.

Now, I realize this is only after 50 hands. Maybe those 50 hands you played looser and more passive than normal, because of the cards you received during those 50 hands.

But if that is indicative of your overall style of play, then you need to read some good books. Since you prefer NL to limit, check out Harrington on Hold'em, or Bob Ciaffone's PL&NL Poker. For limit games, the bible is Small Stakes Hold'em by Ed Miller.