Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2005, 05:17 AM

Default Playing AAA like a fool, or bein a hustler?

BB is fairly loose caller
MP1 is LAGG

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (7.66 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 11.66 BB

I really don't know what I was thinking here, but I didn't want to cut off BB because I thought he had something like middle pair. Just where should I have raised here?
Old 03-27-2005, 05:23 AM

Default Re: Playing AAA like a fool, or bein a hustler?

Raise flop. Raise turn.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:32 AM

i dont like slowplaying a set on a two toned board. put me down for a flop raise.
Old 03-27-2005, 12:02 PM

why slowplay against a described LAG on a drawing board? Raise and hope to re-raise.
Old 03-27-2005, 12:31 PM

Raise the flop with that two-flush on the flop. If your feeling tricky and the flop is rainbow then it might be ok to wait for a turn c/r but someone gets a raggedy two-pair half the time i try this kind of nonsense.
Old 03-27-2005, 12:41 PM

The two-suited flop is a little less dangerous to you because you hold the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. But still, with a "loose caller" and a "LAGG" in the hand, there is no point whatsoever in slowplaying. Bet &amp; Raise as often as possible, and let them overplay lesser hands and call away with their draws.
Old 03-27-2005, 12:47 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
i dont like slowplaying a set on a two toned board. put me down for a flop raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

it being two toned is not a concern here. a flush draw is calling regardless, and you have the nut backdoor flush draw. actually, whether the board is two toned or rainbow should never be an important factor in deciding whether to slowplay. think about it. you have a set. a flush draw is calling no matter what. a backdoor flush draw and overcards has the equivalent of 1.5 outs. you don't want him folding

the reason you don't slowplay here is because you can make more money by playing it fast. what's the point of slowplaying if you make less money than by fastplaying
Old 03-27-2005, 12:48 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
Raise the flop with that two-flush on the flop. If your feeling tricky and the flop is rainbow then it might be ok to wait for a turn c/r but someone gets a raggedy two-pair half the time i try this kind of nonsense.

[/ QUOTE ]

again this has absolutely no bearing on whether you should slowplay
Old 03-27-2005, 01:06 PM

Good point sthief--

I missed the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in my origianl reply--the nut backdoor flush does remove any concern about the two-toned board.

I agree though slowplaying aces sucks--play it fast--you might feel like you are winning a littel less but play it slow and you see yourslef lose a whole lot more.
Old 03-27-2005, 01:41 PM

raise it on the flop.

-sinful