Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2005, 12:23 PM

Default I think I must be missing something...

This is probably something that has been talked about a lot on here- but its my only real "problem" with that 2+2 style of play. Ever since I started reading these boards, I have adjusted my game in many ways, to the point where I now feel comfortable with many different post-flop moves. And while I intellectually understand the standard pre-flop hands based on position, number of players in the hand ect, i have to say that given that I feel that I have a post-flop advantage over the people I play with (be it live or in Atlantic city- since I do not play online anymore due to time constraint issues), I want to see more flops in situations where 2+2ers would chide me for. I am not saying I would call a raise and re-raise with K10o, but I want to limp in with any marginal starting hand (even from middle position) simply because I think any disadvantage i may have in terms of starting hands will be made up post-flop.

I believe that while limping with marginal hands is obviously not as profitable as when I get the good hands, I still get more money than I lose with most hands I limp in with. I guess what I am asking is that since most people on this board are similarly better post-flop than most of their online or home-game opponents, why dont more people have this approach?