Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2005, 04:57 AM

Default KK vs 2 allins, correct call?

$2BB NL on Stars.

I'm UTG+2 with KK and around $260, I make the standard $8 raise. Shortstacked button with around $50 pushes allin. BB with $160 reraises allin.

Shortstack I view as a fish. BB is a solid player who I just bluffed off a big $100 pot and showed. Not sure if he was steaming.

I call. My reasoning is, if this player had AA wouldn't he try and keep me around instead of pushing me out with an allin bet? I figure him for JJ-QQ/AK trying to isolate button.

Thoughts?
Old 03-23-2005, 05:29 AM

Default Re: KK vs 2 allins, correct call?

Nice call. If solid player has AA so be it, however, in this particular situation it looks like solid player is trying to push you out. If he has AA, I'd say he probably just calls fish's push and pushes himself on the flop to get you in too.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:36 AM

I thought the same thing. I thought he would either smooth call or reraise half his stack.

He had AA, I rivered the K for a huge pot.

This.. is my biggest leak, KKvsAA PF =(
Old 03-23-2005, 05:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought the same thing. I thought he would either smooth call or reraise half his stack.

He had AA, I rivered the K for a huge pot.

This.. is my biggest leak, KKvsAA PF =(

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, so you ran into one of them thangs. That's what I like to call it. Classic KK vs AA scenario.

What's your plan if he just called fish push and you call as well so you see the flop and it's all garbage, no ace, no nothing, pretty much you feel like KK is g00t.

You ain't folding, right? Especially since stacks aren't too deep, so that's why I say push pre-flop and make him pay for overplaying AK or JJ or whatever other crap hand you can beat.

It's too ridiculous to even remotely say he has AA here especially because you say you bluffed him off a pot right before and SHOWED. lots of solid players will pick this up and read your next hand pre-flop raise as anything, such as 56s, 88, AKs, etc. So his pushing his stack in against fish could be anything as low as TT, although a big ace is more likely.

Either way, you got lucky you big fish. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2005, 05:48 AM

Haha, I felt bad for him. Bluffed him off a big pot, and sucked him out for an even bigger one. To be fair, I don't do suckouts often =)
Old 03-23-2005, 05:56 AM

Quick question.

Since the 100BB buy-in for this game would be $200, say you triple up or whatever, and got a stack ~$600 and solid player got you covered. Say same fish pushes and solid player pushes.

What do you do?

At what point do you call and at what point would you lay? If at any point at all that is.

If you didn't bluff prior hand, do you make the same decisions?

Okay, I asked more than 1 question... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2005, 06:04 AM

I'm not sure. KK preflop is 100% my biggest weakness. Sometimes I'll know for a fact they have AA and still call because I talk myself into thinking "I've already gone this far, maybe I'll spike a K".
Old 03-23-2005, 06:10 AM

Yeah, I agree. KK is my biggest, single weakness in NL. In limit, you can just call down or whatever and just lose a few extra bets. In NL, you can lose a HUGE stack and be on tilt for weeks w/o even realizing it by overplaying certain hands you'd muck in a second had you never experienced a KK vs AA.

I was just curious I guess. I think it's important to think about what actions you'll take against certain opponents before the action even gets to you so that you're ALWAYS a step or two or four or eight ahead of your opponent. You always want to be a level above your opponents train of thought.

Anyhow, keep up the good posts and play hard!