Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2005, 03:22 PM

Default I never heard Rush Limbaugh say anything racist.

"I never heard Rush Limbaugh say anything racist."

Yeah, I never saw the Japanese bomb Pearl Harbor, either.

It is amazing what you won't see or hear if you keep
your head in the sand and tuned to FOX News.

~~~~

"have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted
criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?"
They all look alike, don't they Rush?

"The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get
a liquor store and practice robberies."

"Spike, if you're going to do that, let's complete the
education experience. You should tell them that they should
loot the theater, and then blow it up on their way out."
- after Spike Lee said black children should skip school to see the movie X.

He often uses the mock dialect 'ax’ instead of 'ask’
when discussing black leaders.

He used to play the theme song 'Movin' On Up’ from 'The Jeffersons’ when referring to Carol Moseley Braun, the African American former Senator.

When a Talk radio host, once told a black caller to
"Take that bone out of your nose and call me back."

"Why should Blacks be heard? They're 12% of the population.
Who the hell cares." -Rush Limbaugh

~~~~~

Or course, Rush believes in equality of racism.
Take your beaners, uh, mexicans:

"An immigration agent chased him the last 10 miles."
- Rush Limbaugh after a Mexican won the New York marathon

"If we are going to start rewarding no skills and stupid people - I'm serious, let the unskilled jobs, let the kinds of jobs that take absolutely no knowledge whatsoever to do
- let stupid and unskilled Mexicans do that work"

~~~~~~~~~

How about those pesky redskins, uh, Native Americans?

"The American Indians were meaner to themselves than anybody was ever mean to them. The people were savages. It’s true, they damn well were … these people were out there destroying timber, they were out there conquering and killing each other, scalping people."

"I don't give a hoot that [Columbus] gave some Indians a
disease that they didn't have immunity against" (Ought to Be, p. 45).

~~~~~~~

Rush has been making his little racist jabs his whole life.

His only problem was, when given the national spotlight on Monday Night Football, he forgot that sending his racist "code words" -- You know he is smart enough not to sit there and chant "N*gger N*gger N*gger", but just kind of refer to the "blacks can't be quarterbacks" thing for the troops back home -- well, he wasn't broadcasting to his "angry white american" crowd of ditto heads.

He was talking about the majority black NFL, and to a national audience. They were not going to put up with the "nudge-nudge" know-what-I-mean "wink-wink" comments.

Tune in to Rush on the radio today, you won't have to listen to much before you hear him making fun of some Ghetto talk, or something, to keep the rednecks happy.
Old 03-12-2005, 03:49 PM

Default Re: I never heard Rush Limbaugh say anything racist.

I agree. Rush Limbaugh is a big racist.
Old 03-12-2005, 03:56 PM

He used to play the theme song 'Movin' On Up’ from 'The Jeffersons’ when referring to Carol Moseley Braun, the African American former Senator.

Wow thats absolutely hillarious and not even remotely rascist...

She was my Sen and was easily the worst senator in the congress during her term. She spent like an aggregate of 1.4 yrs in Africa hanging out with murderous dictators out of her 6 yr term, missed over half the votes and did nothing for the state of Illinois at all...any vehicle for humilating her has my support.
Old 03-12-2005, 03:58 PM

Those would be valid points. Movin' On Up theme song from the Jeffersons is not. Do you see why?
Old 03-12-2005, 03:59 PM

I agree that Rush is a racist, but I think ESPN didn't get nearly enough blame for the whole "Rush incident." They hired him because of the outrageous things he says, and then the fired him the first time he said something outrageous. ESPN then tried to take the high road and said that his comments weren't representative blah blah blah. Everybody came down hard on Rush but gave ESPN a free pass. They got rid of him for doing what they hired him to do.
Old 03-12-2005, 05:55 PM

He calls Harry Reid - Dingy Harry Reid. He constantly makes fun of Kerry and Pelosi. Does that mean he hates whites too?

He bashed anything that is liberal. However, that doesnt mean that he is a racist. Even if everything you say here is true that doesnt make he a racist. It might just make him guilty of bad taste.

Bonus trivia question: Which party has a former member of the KKK as one of their senior leaders?
Old 03-12-2005, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He calls Harry Reid - Dingy Harry Reid. He constantly makes fun of Kerry and Pelosi. Does that mean he hates whites too?

He bashed anything that is liberal. However, that doesnt mean that he is a racist. Even if everything you say here is true that doesnt make he a racist. It might just make him guilty of bad taste.

Bonus trivia question: Which party has a former member of the KKK as one of their senior leaders?

[/ QUOTE ]

cardcounter =

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been making Jew jokes my whole life. I love 'em, ironically 3 of my 5 best friends at IU right now are jews. It don't mean squat.

If you had simply said Rush sucks, I would agree with you. Thank god you didn't. Our streak of 100% disagreement goes on!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2005, 07:18 PM

Maybe Rush is racist. I don't know; I almost have never had a chance to listen to him. I'm not a Rush fan so I guess I'll partially ake your word for it. Most of your examples however don't mean very much.

Here's my take:

[ QUOTE ]

"have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted
criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?"
They all look alike, don't they Rush?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok he's wrong here, but aren't a very disproportionate percentage of them black? Nothing wrong with stating the facts, though I would agree Rush exaggerated here. Maybe this heavy overrepresentation is something the black community and black leaders should more strongly address--like Bill Cosby does.

[ QUOTE ]
"The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get
a liquor store and practice robberies."

[/ QUOTE ]

Same as above, exaggeration, but also perhaps useful hyperbole to illustrate a point.

[ QUOTE ]
"Spike, if you're going to do that, let's complete the
education experience. You should tell them that they should
loot the theater, and then blow it up on their way out."
- after Spike Lee said black children should skip school to see the movie X.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hyoerbole or exaggeration to illustrate the point that Spike was wrong to tell those kids to skip school. A bit over-the-top indeed but again not entirely without a point.

[ QUOTE ]
He often uses the mock dialect 'ax’ instead of 'ask’
when discussing black leaders.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well learn how to speak dammit! ;-) The word is spelled "A-S-K" not "A-K-S". Same with Bostonians who say "yahd" instead of "yard" and New Yorkers who say "burl" for "boil". This isn't that tough, really.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know anything about her but if she was a gold-digger or female race pimp/legal extortionist (a la Jesse Jackson) then maybe it was appropriate. No opinion on this one since I don't know of her.

[ QUOTE ]
When a Talk radio host, once told a black caller to
"Take that bone out of your nose and call me back."

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds pretty bad out of context; maybe it was bad (or not) in context. How about an entire paragraph or two of the exchange?

[ QUOTE ]
"Why should Blacks be heard? They're 12% of the population.
Who the hell cares." -Rush Limbaugh

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he meant that racist-fashion, that they don't deserve to be heard. Or maybe he meant that as asking why the heck should they receive "special" hearing or consideration at this very late date. My guess would be the latter. Context?

~~~~~

[ QUOTE ]
Or course, Rush believes in equality of racism.
Take your beaners, uh, mexicans:

"An immigration agent chased him the last 10 miles."
- Rush Limbaugh after a Mexican won the New York marathon

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a moderately bad joke when he was probably discussing the very real issue of massive illegal immigration. Context?

[ QUOTE ]
"If we are going to start rewarding no skills and stupid people - I'm serious, let the unskilled jobs, let the kinds of jobs that take absolutely no knowledge whatsoever to do
- let stupid and unskilled Mexicans do that work"

[/ QUOTE ]

Not clear whether he is saying just let them do the menial work, or whether he is saying Mexicans are generally stupid and unskilled. I don't think you can conclude the latter at all from this remark.

[ QUOTE ]
How about those pesky redskins, uh, Native Americans?

"The American Indians were meaner to themselves than anybody was ever mean to them. The people were savages. It’s true, they damn well were … these people were out there destroying timber, they were out there conquering and killing each other, scalping people."

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspect this was indeed true of some tribes but not of all tribes. The Creek Indians of Georgia, for instance, were a particularly bloody and warlike bunch.

[ QUOTE ]
"I don't give a hoot that [Columbus] gave some Indians a
disease that they didn't have immunity against" (Ought to Be, p. 45).

[/ QUOTE ]

So he is being honest that he doesn't care. Are we to suppose that you, for instance, actually "care" a lot about this event some 500 years later? I "care" too, but to a very limited extent, and it's water long under the bridge, so no point in wallowing around in it too much.

~~~~~~~

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe so. Again I have only heard him maybe 5 times in 15 years and that wasn't even the whole show.

[ QUOTE ]
Tune in to Rush on the radio today, you won't have to listen to much before you hear him making fun of some Ghetto talk, or something, to keep the rednecks happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think ghetto talk, and rap vernacular, should be made fun of. It's terrible English and it doesn't help those who use it to get ahead at all (unless they just happen to be rap stars). I believe Bill Cosby explained this in more depth. By the way I think our schools should be much more rigorous in general.
Old 03-12-2005, 07:22 PM

Yes, and you can really make schools more rigorous by cutting their funding. Give me a break M6.

Rush Limbaugh is a racist. Cardcounter's quotes above prove it.

Blacks should learn to speak correctly? Huh? So should Bostnonians? I guess maybe Southerners should as well. It's "you all", not "y'all", I guess.

Do you see why?
Old 03-12-2005, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, and you can really make schools more rigorous by cutting their funding. Give me a break M6.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I say that?

Schools were more rigorous before there even existed a Department of Education, if I'm not mistaken. Back to the good old days and the good old ways!

[ QUOTE ]
Rush Limbaugh is a racist. Cardcounter's quotes above prove it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people realize there is a difference between "to prove" and "to suggest".

[ QUOTE ]
Blacks should learn to speak correctly? Huh? So should Bostnonians? I guess maybe Southerners should as well. It's "you all", not "y'all", I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everybody should learn to speak properly and I feel very strongly about this. Blacks, rednecks, Bostonians, New Yorkers--maybe the schools all need to teach Phonics instead of that less-effective Reading-By-Osmosis method? Anyone who knows Phonics isn't going to be saying "aks" or "yahd" or "url" (instead of "oil").

[ QUOTE ]
Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed I do. Let them learn to speak proper (not "propah") English--or get a "D" or an "F" in that class. It's simply a disgrace and a needless one at that. It also sounds retarded.