Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2005, 09:05 AM

Default Playing Midstakes poker for the first time (Medium Content)

Today i had a 3 hr session at 6max 600 today and it was the first time i had been above 200

First hand i get called on a bluff on the river by a pair of threes. After that i tightened up really quick, my friend commented how i a was playing really weak tight. after being down about 200 or so i just treaded at that for a while, but after the first 50 hands i opened it up a little, there was a guy at my table who would raise every other hand preflop. It forced me to play more hands and be more creative with my moves. My friend said he could see through some of them, but i guess i am still learning. I must say i really enjoyed mid stakes poker. Its COMPLETELY different from nl 100. Theres more thinking and you cant just rely on ABC poker (maybe this only applies to 6 max and/or Pot limit). I learned quite a bit and made a nice chunk (400). Hopefully i will take another shot at it sooner or later.

Comments about midstakes poker in general appreciated.
Old 03-19-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Re: Playing Midstakes poker for the first time (Medium Content)

this post is wrong, you can most definitely play ABC poker and still win at this level, not that I play this way but a lot of people do effectively.
Old 03-19-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Playing Midstakes poker for the first time (Medium Content)

that is true, i saw one guy at my table up 500 who was playing solid poker, but a lot of the people didn't seem to be. was it because i was playing at a loose 6 max PL table?