Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2005, 02:31 AM

Default Anybody know the title or have the link-sitngo strategy for 20+2 30+3

Wondering if anyone has the title or knows the link for the post on the strategy guide for 20+2,30+3 and up on Party....have heard references to these posts in the past but must be doing the search wrong...
any help?
thanks
Old 03-13-2005, 02:37 AM

Default Re: Anybody know the title or have the link-sitngo strategy for 20+2 3

Strategy guide for the 20s and 30s:

Learn to beat the 10s handilly.

Play the exact same poker, but take a seat at the tables with either a $20 buyin or a $30 buyin.

Occasionally you will run into a player who is not an absolute tard at the $20s or $30s. This will not occur nearly as often at the $10s. When it occurs, you may be able to do fancy things like fold top pair, or bluff, against them. I haven't played many of these games lately, but this is what I remember the case to be. If I'm wrong, someone please update me. It'll have ot go in the new FAQ anyway [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

To my knowledge, no one has compiled a "Beating the" guide for the 20s and 30s, I may be mistaken. There have been frequent posts about what adjustments should be made/considered when moving from the 10s to the 20s and from the 20s to the 30s. I think that perhaps the old FAQ had a link to a couple such discussions.

citanul
Old 03-13-2005, 05:09 AM

i actually am already playing the 20's etc i just wanted to read the post that i had remeber being referenced in several posts from a week or two back...maybe it was the 10+1 post they were talking about...forget the screename they mentioned but kept refering to some guide a poster wrote on his views of the ..either 20+2 or 30+3 on party
Old 03-13-2005, 01:17 PM

Here is a link to the beating the 10+1s post.

I'm still too lazy to go dig up a "moving from the 10s to the 20s" post, but really, from my recent talking with people playing both games, there is virtually no difference between them.

citanul
Old 03-13-2005, 02:33 PM

I made a post about $10 v. 20 v. $30

2+2 = ? Hopefully that helps, good to know i can play $20 and play the same gmae =]