Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2005, 10:37 PM

Default Second nuts, and I\'m a retard (nothing to see here, move along)

It's my third hand at the table, and to make things even easier to keep up with, I'm just starting my first attempt at 3-tabling. No reads on the villians in this hand, but the table itself was averaging better than 10 BBs/hand, so I figured that there had to be a few LAGs in there somewhere...

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $4.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.33 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12.16 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (24.16 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls $11 (All-In), Hero calls.

Final Pot: 30 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 29.66 BB, between CO, Button and Hero.</font>
<font color="#009B00">Pot 2: 0.33 BB, between CO and Hero.</font>

I figured on the flop that at least one of them had the straight, but the size of the pot made seeing the turn a necessity. It was also possible that I was seeing something like another 2 pair or a flush draw being massively overplayed.

By the time CO was raising the river, I was completely flabbergasted...but being that he was unknown I didn't know if he'd do something like coldcall AA or QQ preflop. In the end my brain overloaded and I just called the river raise...did I miss an easy 3-bet?
Old 03-11-2005, 10:51 PM

Default Re: Third nuts, and I\'m completely lost here...

you have the second nuts, QQ is impossible, do you see why??

He would have had to re-raise AA preflop I think...If he didn't, make a note and play him accordingly...

Oh, and Cap the river
Old 03-11-2005, 10:52 PM

Haha you have the 2nd nuts dude. It is impossible for someone to have QQ on this board. There is exactly one combination of cards that can beat you here (A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]). Goto town on the river.

Brad
Old 03-11-2005, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
coldcall ... QQ preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

if he has QQ here I'd be pretty upset. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

i wouldn't stop raising until he showed me AA.

Edit: even after he showed me AA I might toss in another bet just to mix it up.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:56 PM

Hate to start by pointing out the obvious, but unless you're playing with a very strange deck, you can't be against QQ...So you have the second nuts.

I say this is an easy 3-bet here...If you're up against slowplayed aces so be it, but my guess is that you're facing a straight and a smaller boat.

Edit: Gee, here I am thinking I'm the first reply, and five of you have said this already. I gotta learn to type faster. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2005, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you have the second nuts, QQ is impossible, do you see why??

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I'm a dumbass. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

EDIT: And I did say I was completely lost. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2005, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
even after he showed me AA I might toss in another bet just to mix it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is unquestionably +EV
Old 03-11-2005, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
even after he showed me AA I might toss in another bet just to mix it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!

Okay, so I cheated myself out of 1 &amp; possibly 2 BBs on this one. Button had the straight with KhJs, and CO showed Ad2d (!) to win a permanent spot on my buddy list.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:36 PM

Default Re: Second nuts, and I\'m a retard (nothing to see here, move along)

[ QUOTE ]
I figured on the flop that at least one of them had the straight, but the size of the pot made seeing the turn a necessity. It was also possible that I was seeing something like another 2 pair or a flush draw being massively overplayed.

By the time CO was raising the river, I was completely flabbergasted...but being that he was unknown I didn't know if he'd do something like coldcall AA or QQ preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

Odds to call to the turn??? Really? Who's folding AQ on that board? I'd cap, then lead the turn. If they have a straight, you will know soon enough.

As for the river, how could he have QQ, when the board is AQQTx and you have AQ?

On a side note, why am I not playing 3/6? Jesus

3-bet the river, if he has aces, good for him.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:42 PM

Default Re: Second nuts, and I\'m a retard (nothing to see here, move along)

[ QUOTE ]
...did I miss an easy 3-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah and most likely a fourth.