Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2005, 08:49 AM

Default TT in the BB

UTG is sLA-A after 84 hands (25/8.45/3.1). MP is fairly unkown but possily loose passive after 22 hands (32/4.8/.4).

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $2. CO posts a blind of $2.
UTG (poster) checks, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, MP calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP folds, CO calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (7.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero...</font>

Looking to hear what anyone has to say!! Thanks!!!
Old 03-11-2005, 08:54 AM

Default Re: TT in the BB

i would have 3bet preflop. he's in a position to raise with weak hands, especially considering the extra money in the pot from the the 2 posts.

and check-raising the flop... that's not gonna do anything other than make a queen call you down and put you in a bad position, which is what it looks like may have happened.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:55 AM

I would definitely 3-bet this preflop. It's 6-handed and there are 2 extra blinds.

Since you didn't, I like your flop check-raise and turn bet.

On the river, I would probably check and call. No worse hand is going to call but AJ, AT, or 99 may take a stab if you check.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:58 AM

why do you like the flop check-raise?
Old 03-11-2005, 09:21 AM

You really need to 3-bet this preflop with the poster and considering CO posted also.

There aren't a whole lot of hands you're ahead of on the river but the most likely ones that come to mind may take a stab at it if checked to. Check/call may be OK here. Betting still probably isn't horrible. Check/fold even wouldn't cost you too much in the long run. I'd probably just bet out again though to be honest.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:36 AM

Itīs a mandatoty threebet preflop. Co is a poster and in late position so his raising standards are very ligh here. You have the best hand here a majority of the time and there are a bunchof hands that CO could hold here that you are a huge favorite against. So threebet to get it HU.

Since you didnīt i think a checkrase on the flop is good since CO will autobet this flop.
Turn is ok
I would check-call this river. Bettting is fine also but I would hate if I get raised here.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would check-call this river. Bettting is fine also but I would hate if I get raised here.

[/ QUOTE ]
It seems to me that folding to a raise would be fine here. If not then check/call I think is better.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:41 AM

exactly, he'll autobet. if you check, he'll bet with anything. you gain no information about the strength of his hand because.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why do you like the flop check-raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well my reason would be it clears out the MP if he has a hand which carries a single overcard.

This is a flop 3-bet though.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:45 AM

with no reads on the villain Iīm inclined to check-call this river.