Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2005, 12:27 AM

Default The sad state of collusion....

So I was waiting to tee off this afternoon when the conversation of poker came up...

After a bit of gabber, this one kid (herein known as 'punk') says...

"...Oh yeah, my dad and his friends play that all the time. They all call each other up and then tell each other thier hands so that they know when to fold...."

The little punk was laughing about it and yes...the little punk almost met his maker on this sunny day....but then I decided to go to the putting green. (I have a short attention span)

So yes, not only are their cheating scumbag looser a$$holes out there (in great numbers), but they teach their kids that it is "ok" and laughable.

Welcome to life.

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2005, 12:34 AM

Default Re: The sad state of collusion....

And most of these people lose their money to 2+2'ers anyway.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:36 AM

amen.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:41 AM

I got to LU and there are a group of guys I know who play regularly on PP etc...they always give me [censored] cuz I pretty much stick to limit.
We'll I've heard them on several occasions talk how they'll "rape" as they put it a short handed table-6max NL..say $400,$600 etc
I guess they've been doing well since PArty switched things up.
I've always stayed away from short NL tables..always been worried about this...though it doesn't guarentee anything on short table it can give you a huge edge.
Anyways...
Old 03-08-2005, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"...Oh yeah, my dad and his friends play that all the time. They all call each other up and then tell each other thier hands so that they know when to fold...."

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a friend on MSN Messenger who also plays poker. Just so happened we were both deep into a MTT and sitting at the same table. I was in early position and had a so so hand, I think it was J-J or 10-10. I raised way to much hoping everyone would fold. Everyone folded to my friend sitting on the button. To call he'd have to go all in. He IM's me that he was going to go all in, that he had Q-Q. He didn't ask what I had or anything, but I IM'd him and said "you better fold, trust me". He folded then IM'd me and asked what I had. I IM'd him I had AA, good fold.

I always felt guilty about that, but I suspect he didn't really have QQ anyways. I'm thinking he had A-Q and was looking to see if I had a middle pair.

Anyways, the moral of the story is, you can't really even trust the people you think are your friends when it comes to money. At least I don't. Colluding with them would be out of the question then.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:56 AM

This is too funny......... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2005, 01:27 AM

so your kinda just as bad as the guy you were busting on about his chip dumping on poker host?.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

so your kinda just as bad as the guy you were busting on about his chip dumping on poker host?.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha, that guy was full of BS, but I really hope he finds SE's post. Kind of like the pot calling the kettle black, but you're just a marginally black pot who only later revealed later that you are, in fact, a pot....and a bad friend.

Then again, back before I had a clue, my buddy and I sometimes coluded on Victor Chandler's $0.10 giveaway SnG's. We were determined to earn millions from nothing. Hahaha, what nubs.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And most of these people lose their money to 2+2'ers anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-08-2005, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is what he did any different than if the same conversation had taken place at a B&M table? At a live table it would be considered part of the game, and no one would raise an eyebrow if he misrepresented his hand. He would be bluffing and his friend would be a bad poker player to take his word for it. All's fair....