Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2005, 06:32 PM

Default PP Million Trip Report

This was only a virtual trip. In the first hour I had a few eventful hands, but only picked up 300 chips.

In one case, 4th position limped for 20, 6th position miniraised to 40, and I reraised to 120 with AKs in the SB. 4th position reraised allin to 900. I had him covered with 1500. 4th position was limping into many hands and playing loose/aggressive. I thought a little, but thought it was unlikely he would open limp in 4th position with AA. I called, and he showed AKo, which suprised me. I was expecting a decent hand or maybe a big pair, but not AK or QQ. He said, "Tough call." I said, "No." He said, "I could have had AA or QQ." I said, "I didn't think you had a big pair."

On another hand, there was an early position big stack limper for 30. I raised to 100 from late position with AA. He called. He checked the flop. I bet 1/3 pot and took it.

There was loose fish who limped into even more pots than the one described above. He put in a third raise allin with JJ, and was called by AA, reducing him to 400 chips, and helping to create the big stack I played the AA hand with. He then pushed 4 hands in a row from late to middle position, picking up 45 chips each time.

I saw QQ, and I was disappointed this guy didn't push, but he did limp from middle position for 30. I raised to 80. He called. I bet on the underflop, and he folded.

All in all, the first hour play was pretty tight compared to what I am used to at lower buyins. There were some early hands where the play was a little wild. However, you couldn't expect to win a big pot with AA.

For the remaining 2 1/2 hours I was in the tournament, I never saw a hand better than 88 or AJo. In the second hour, I made a few blind steals and stayed about even.

From the end of the 2nd hour on, I was a short stack in push fold mode, and never saw a flop, except for two flops allin preflop. This probably played to my strengths, as I just played math, position, the players, and the table. All I did was open push or push at limpers from 5th position or later. I didn't have the hands to raise from early position or call or push against raisers. I was called once when I pushed at an early position big stack LAG limper with 88. He called and showed AJo. I doubled up. One time I folded AJo UTG with 9xBB.

The CO kept raising at my blinds. I thought he was targetting me, but I didn't have the chips to make him fold, and never had a hand to push with.

My final hand came with 300/600 blinds. The LAG CO with 6300, named "StuieUngar," raised to 1400. I pushed from the button with 2500. The BB took a while to think, which suprised me. The CO showed AKs. He won with a pair of kings, as a missed a straight draw. I finished 321 of 2164. 220 places paid.