Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2005, 05:19 PM

Default Trips on turn (paired TP), Facing reraise

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Hero ($120)
Button :#A500AF(Villain)/ ($373.12)
SB ($194.13)
BB ($0)
UTG ($100)
MP ($118.25)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.5. UTG posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $1, Button :#A500AF(Villain)/ calls $1, SB (poster) completes, UTG (poster) checks.

Flop: ($4) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises to $8</font>, SB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls $5.

Turn: ($20) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises to $40</font>, Hero calls $25.

River: ($100) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets $40</font>

I believe I am outkicked, but this guy has simply been running me over with aggression. But he raised the flop and the turn. Thoughts please???
Old 03-06-2005, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Trips on turn (paired TP), Facing reraise

Would villan limp on the button w/ AJ,KJ,QJ or AA-QQ? In the 6max games, most decent players raise in late position w/ the above hands.

now you've got a couple of different hands to put him on...
Flush - I say not likely by the way he played the turn. Flush drawers don't re-raise the turn w/ one to come to make them their flush...especially when the board pairs.

House - This is definitely a possibility all though the small bet on the river is very fishy. The way he raised you on the flop and the turn are very similar to the way one plays a flopped set and turned house. Did you hesitate calling his re-raise on the turn? This might have indicated to him that you felt weak, hence a milking bet on the river.

Jx - the blocking bet on the river definitely smells like a scared jack. He's fearing the flush and house, but you don't have enough in your stack to take him off this hand on the river.

Did you have any stats for him on pokertracker? He's obviously beating up the game right now... I'm going to give him credit for this one. I think he's obviously got at least a jack, and yours isn't that great.

A-&gt;B
Old 03-06-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Trips on turn (paired TP), Facing reraise

aggression is 3.5. pf raise 30. volp in pot 65.
AGGRO.

edit- i either feel i have him crushed, or he is making a blocking steal bet on the river hoping i act weak tight again and fold.