Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2005, 02:20 AM

Default MLB 3/5

Accidentally posted this in the internet-forum first (and it was too late to edit by the time I learned about it).
Was officially called one 'sick puppy' for betting pre-season baseball.

Love it!!

YTD
1-2-1, -0.79 units

Haven't checked into the pitchers or possible travel rosters because I'm lazy.
I'm making some extremely speculative plays for Saturday which I am hoping have value.

DET +113 (vs NYY)
WAS +110 (vs BAL)
COL +119 (vs LAA)

Detroit - I'm guessing this line is such because it's against the Yankees. Game is at the Tigers camp in Lakeland. About a 40-minute trip for the Yankees so they will be bringing a shortened squad but I don't expect that to be much of a factor.

One problem I am learning about the Yankees is that there is actually some competition for spots on the team and some of the players doing the competing are pretty decent.
Bubba Crosby and Damian Rolls come to mind
I know both of these guys personally (better friends with Rolls than I was with Crosby)....they were both 1st round draft picks of the Dodgers (Rolls out of high-school in 96...Crosby out of Rice U in 99 I think) and have a lot of hustle and desire in them.
Guys like that aren't stars....but they sure will improve the Yankees performance when they enter the game in the 5th or 6th inning or so.

WAS - The Expos had the best spring-training record the past 2 years. Speculation that it's because they had enough young-guys competing hard for spots (not just veterans going through the motions because they were secure in their position). This idea was expressed on ESPN during their coverage of the ATL/LA game when they were constantly chatting about anything BUT the game.
I also suggest that Frank Robinson is a competitive enough individual that it make a bit of a difference too.

My main concern about this game is that it's at the BAL camp which is in Ft. Lauderdale and is a good 2-hour hike (probably 2:15 perhaps) from the WAS camp in Melbourne.
This is much different than just making a 25 minute trip from Vero Beach to St. Lucie or something.
The fact that it's such a long bus-ride makes me believe that WAS will take the bare minimum of players with them. Not sure if they will leave a couple starters behind to just play in a triple-A game on their side-fields or not.
For a 1pm game that means leaving at 9:30a or so and not getting back until 7p probably.
Although some players do choose to drive seperately to these things.

Anyway - it's not a split-squad game for them...but they will certainly be taking a shortened squad and I'm just hoping they bring enough quality players with them to give the game value.

Wouldn't be as likely to take this one at only +110 without the knowledge that the Expos seem to have competed pretty hard in their spring-games under Robinson the past couple seasons.

COL - I'm guessing this line is just because the Angels are obviously the better team. As previously stated...I don't think that has much relevance in early spring games.

I don't know anything about Cactus League geography so I don't know if the Rockies have to travel 10 minutes or 2 hours for this.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:30 PM

Default Re: MLB 3/5

W - WAS +110
W - COL +119
W - DET +113
L - KC +121 (I added this one this morning)

YTD: 4-3-1, +1.63 units