Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2005, 05:51 AM

Default KJs -- everyone loves their hand on the flop

The table had gotten a bit wild, and it was partly my fault. A couple of maniacs made a brief appearance, and during that time I had checkraised the river twice with unimproved ace-high to deter overcalls, and I in fact once won a big pot with ace-high (though not as a result of one of the two river checkraises, unfortunately). I had also attempted a blind steal from the CO with J9o and had made an isolation raise with K8o (the isolation part didn't work, but I did river trip 8's). If I had a table image, I was probably seen as a LAG.

The guy to my left (50/13/1.2) had been around for all of this and was having none of it. By this time, he was consistently cold-calling or 3-betting my preflop raises.

PT tells me the other two players in the hand were not very loose and not very aggressive, but at the time I was going with my table read.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

<font color="#0000FF">I kind of raised on adrenaline here, figuring it was probably better than calling, despite the diamond flush draw, as maybe I could create and/or clean up some outs. I don't know, though. What do you think?</font>

Turn: (12.16 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, BB calls.

<font color="#0000FF">I'm wondering about this street a little too, actually. Do I go ahead and raise again, or do I call and hope it gets raised behind me? I think the raise is okay, but you tell me.</font>

River: (20.16 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, BB folds.

<font color="#0000FF">As I review this hand, I'm not actually sure how I managed not to get raised on the river, once the board paired. BB was 25/5/0.7, and MP3 was 14/0/0.5.

What did everyone have?</font>

Final Pot: 22.16 BB.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:06 AM

Default Re: KJs -- everyone loves their hand on the flop

MP1 has ATd, MP3 has QJ and BB has 82o [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2005, 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
MP1 has ATd

[/ QUOTE ]

ONLINE POKAR IS RIGGED!!!!11
Old 03-02-2005, 06:13 AM

nice hand. though on the turn did you consider just calling the turn with the intention of 3-betting since there were two flop aggressors behind you. i probably wouldn't, though i don't think its an unreasonable line.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:36 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
nice hand. though on the turn did you consider just calling the turn with the intention of 3-betting since there were two flop aggressors behind you. i probably wouldn't, though i don't think its an unreasonable line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely would've just called. I think raising here is an action killer. I mean, how often do they have draws after 3-betting and capping cold on the flop? plus, that Q isn't much of a scare card, and since they often don't have draws, they'll pay off a raise on the river
Old 03-02-2005, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely would've just called. I think raising here is an action killer. I mean, how often do they have draws after 3-betting and capping cold on the flop? plus, that Q isn't much of a scare card, and since they often don't have draws, they'll pay off a raise on the river

[/ QUOTE ]

Not raising the turn feels really, really wrong to me.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not raising the turn feels really, really wrong to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
With such a draw heavy board...me too.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:02 AM

I gonna raise the turn also. Why not get bets in while they are still drawing. If a set is out behind you it will probably get three bet anyway. The fact that nobody three bet the turn makes the river bet pretty safe IMO.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The table had gotten a bit wild, and it was partly my fault. A couple of maniacs made a brief appearance, and during that time I had checkraised the river twice with unimproved ace-high to deter overcalls, and I in fact once won a big pot with ace-high (though not as a result of one of the two river checkraises, unfortunately). I had also attempted a blind steal from the CO with J9o and had made an isolation raise with K8o (the isolation part didn't work, but I did river trip 8's). If I had a table image, I was probably seen as a LAG.

The guy to my left (50/13/1.2) had been around for all of this and was having none of it. By this time, he was consistently cold-calling or 3-betting my preflop raises.

PT tells me the other two players in the hand were not very loose and not very aggressive, but at the time I was going with my table read.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

<font color="#0000FF">I kind of raised on adrenaline here, figuring it was probably better than calling, despite the diamond flush draw, as maybe I could create and/or clean up some outs. I don't know, though. What do you think?</font>

Turn: (12.16 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, BB calls.

<font color="#0000FF">I'm wondering about this street a little too, actually. Do I go ahead and raise again, or do I call and hope it gets raised behind me? I think the raise is okay, but you tell me.</font>

River: (20.16 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, BB folds.

<font color="#0000FF">As I review this hand, I'm not actually sure how I managed not to get raised on the river, once the board paired. BB was 25/5/0.7, and MP3 was 14/0/0.5.

What did everyone have?</font>

Final Pot: 22.16 BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the frop raise. You have 2 overs and a gutterball and a runnerrunner frush draw. Make a hand like K9 fold and QJ PAY.

I think the turn raise is fine, as the pot is big, so win it NOW. Plus, the players behind you could be pumping diamond draws with all of that flop action. Make them pay.

River looks fine. Call a raise.

MP1 had Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
MP3 had A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] x [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
and YHIG.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:00 PM

It seems obvious on the surface that calling on the turn expecting a raise is the way to go. On the other hand, it's possible the flop action was due to their perception of you as a maniac. If you calmed down on the turn with a call, they might have as well. Also, you got three people to cold call two big bets. What more do you want from hands that are behind?

Hard to believe there's no boat out there.

BB had Qxd.
MP1 has ATo
MP3 has AKd