Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Spank me

OK, I'm ready for the berating.

Philly, MS 10-20. First off, this is the easiest 10-20 in America. Maybe ties, but none better. Don't come here. I like my job. Table is playing standard 6-10 a flop, NO RAISES IN LAST 4 ORBITS BESIDES ME. And that includes limping big ones. Villain is the only the Asian man within 200 miles, and he's the only one that looks halfway competent. Can't speak a lick of Engly, but likes to grunt and moan. He's CO to my left. In my 30 hours or so playing with him, he has rarely raised a pot when there is more than 2 limpers.

4 limp to me, i call black dueces. He thinks for thirty seconds and raises. Blinds come along, as does everybody else.

Flop AT2 rainbow. Checks around, he bets, 1 caller, I raise, he tanks (overacting the whole time) raises, fold, I call.

Turn brick. I check raise. He 3-bets, I call.

River brick. I bet, he raises, I call.

I honestly think this is one of the worst hands of poker I've played in quite a while. Can somebody pinpoint EXACTLY how many bets I missed? I'm usually pretty aggressive at this table, and I know he knows that. I've been raking this table for 2 days a weekend for over a year. There was no excuse for this hand. Anybody disagree?

-Durka Durka
Jihad