Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2005, 04:07 PM

Default deposit via check possible ? simpler for the beginner ?

Just had a thought for depositing into a poker account. Do they accept checks ? If so, you could make a transfer from an online banking account as a bill payment service. It should be fast and simple. Personally I use neteller, but I am wondering if this would be a feasible alternative of reducing the complexity of funding (hopefully making poker more accesible to the newbie).
Old 03-03-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Re: deposit via check possible ? simpler for the beginner ?

I really don't know if any accept checks or not but I can't imagine any releasing the funds for play before the check clears. So it would not be as fast as you hoped.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just had a thought for depositing into a poker account. Do they accept checks ? If so, you could make a transfer from an online banking account as a bill payment service. It should be fast and simple. Personally I use neteller, but I am wondering if this would be a feasible alternative of reducing the complexity of funding (hopefully making poker more accesible to the newbie).

[/ QUOTE ]

IGM-Pay allows you to deposit with an "eCheck." For instance, Party allows you to deposit directly to your account via IGM-Pay. You provide your bank's routing number and your account number, and the money's instantly in your account.

It's similar to making a NETeller deposit with your bank account, but the middle man is transparent.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:17 PM

There has to be a simpler method for the total newbie. I use neteller and feel comfortable with it. But just trying to figure out how FPS passporte (see other thread) works has made me realize that there is whole world beyond neteller - and it can all be pretty confusing.