Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2005, 06:58 PM

Default KJo Against Loose Passive

Hero is EP1, game is .25/.50 at PokerRoom. (Yes, I'm a Mac user. Insert joke here.) The table in general is very LP, with a couple of rocks thrown in. There is little aggression at this table. EP2 is a definite LP, but no specific read on the others.

Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] .

2 folds, Hero raises, EP2 calls, 4 folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Fold this PF? I'm in fairly early position here. Obviously, I cannot call with this hand. It is raise or fold.

FLOP [A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, EP2 calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Pushing too hard? I figure I have four to a high flush and no aggression. I'm probably behind somebody's ace, but I'm not a huge dog and they'll probably call to make the bet +EV. Correct play?

TURN [2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
SB checks, Hero bets, EP2 calls, SB calls.

Again, too much? 4:1 against my making the hand, but there is no indication that anyone is on anything but a draw. Should I push when no one is pushing back? These are the tiniest limits, so anyone could have anything. Check-fold here?

RIVER [Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
SB checks, Hero checks, EP2 bets, SB calls, Hero folds.

No hand, so have to fold to any action. EP2 wins with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] , while SB holds A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

If you think I should have folded PF, please let me know, but also please comment on the later streets.

Thanks.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Re: KJo Against Loose Passive

I used to play this. Now it's an easy fold for me this early. I raise first in from LP, though.

EDIT: Just realized that we're not in EP. I still think I fold from MP1. (Shouldn't yours read 'MP2 folds' after you?) Have I swung the other way to too tight?
Old 03-01-2005, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to play this. Now it's an easy fold for me this early. I raise first in from LP, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

"If you think I should have folded PF, please let me know, but also please comment on the later streets."
Old 03-01-2005, 07:15 PM

Fold pre-flop. I'm not sure about the flop bet. Definitely don't like the turn one.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:17 PM

Sorry - I'm always afraid to answer post-flop questions! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think the flop bet is marginal at best. We have the 3rd nut FD and that's about it. We haven't shown aggression PF, so no one with a club will think we have a higher one. IMHO, I think the turn bet is bad. Playing against tight players, it might be better. Here you write that the table is very LP, so you don't have much fold equity. With that in mind, betting seems like spewing to me.

River is fine.

There, you have my amateur advice - happy? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There, you have my amateur advice - happy? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Love it, thanks. I need all the advice I can get!