Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2005, 10:17 AM

Default in the money question

I have been playing for about a year now and have had some pretty good results on SNG's and some good showings in all different types of MTT's but my question is if winning or finishing high in the money is important rather than just making the money should I open up my range of starting hands. And open of the range for calling preflop raises on what look to be steals. For example, last night $50 + 5 920 people, top 100 got paid, we are down to 20 blinds are 2000 / 4000 I have avg chips 45000, in the big blind, folding around to guy in LP and he pushes for 31000 I have AQ suited is this something I should call with?
Old 02-28-2005, 10:22 AM

Default Re: should add

I should add, I just moved to this table and have no real read on anyone just seems alot of stealing was going on in the first Orbit I was there
Old 02-28-2005, 10:31 AM

Default Re: in the money question

Well, I have never played $50's; however, it seems like this is probably a call. It all depends on what you put him on. In late position, I am probably stealing with a bunch of hands, many of which AQ dominate and only a few of which dominate AQ. Folding is certainly not criminal, particularly without any reads. It is obviously easier to be the first into the pot on a steal rather than deciding whether to call, but I think AQ is good enough to call and do quite well for you here. After all, bear in mind that you have to collect all the chips to win, this seems like a pretty good chance to take.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:51 PM

he will push with much less than AQs. call.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:11 PM

I think calling here is soo profitable in the long term b/c of all the ace-rags you will encounter.