Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2005, 11:46 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Did Party Stop This

you used to be able to install PokerNOW while running Party, and run both programs at the same time. now you can't. did they fix this? if so, is there any way to run both programs on the same computer? it's costing me 4 tables of data mining
Old 03-01-2005, 12:27 AM

Default Re: Did Party Stop This

Only way I am aware of to run one while the other is running is to load one, and then reinstall the other. That is, start up party. Then reinstall pokernow, and load it.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:37 AM

I run Pknow on my laptop and Party on my Desktop or vice versa.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:41 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
Only way I am aware of to run one while the other is running is to load one, and then reinstall the other. That is, start up party. Then reinstall pokernow, and load it.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's not working anymore. that was the entire point of my post
Old 03-01-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's not working anymore. that was the entire point of my post

[/ QUOTE ]

it worked for me the other day, but i have older installers saved to my HD. what happened when you tried to do it?
Old 03-01-2005, 02:27 PM

Is there something wrong with me if I think iMsoLucky0's avatar is absolutely freaking hysterical? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2005, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

it worked for me the other day, but i have older installers saved to my HD. what happened when you tried to do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

the same thing as when you try to open PN when PP is open already. PP just pops up. I tried it both ways too (downloading PN while running PP and vice versa). I tried deleting both from my HDD then installing one after the other. again, Party just pops up. it's done
Old 03-01-2005, 04:47 PM

Try starting them both at the same time.

I think they check some shared resource, a mutex probably, on start up to see if the other is running. Then they set the mutex to prevent another instance of Party or pokerNow starting. I am guessing here.

However if you keep starting them at the same time, you will eventually get them both querying the mutex at the same time, before either of then has set it. The result being that they both start up ok. Repeat I am guessing here.

I have not tried playing when doing this, however I have used this technique to data-mine more games.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:53 PM

your post gave me some hope so I started trying things. I opened party and clicked cancel at the logon screen. then I opened PN and it worked.

I have multiple party and empire accounts. it is possible to have 2 Party Pokers open at the same time? I used to be able to do that