Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2005, 12:19 PM

Default I drop the ball

I'm thinking I should have bet the river, folded to a CR. Any other suggestions?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 3 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (4.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 4.50 BB
Old 02-24-2005, 12:23 PM

Default Re: I drop the ball

I cant find a reason not to bet this river. At least as long as you will fold to a raise.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:25 PM

Jep, bet the river. An ace doesn't play this way and I think only a 6 will check-raise you here...

Guido
Old 02-24-2005, 12:28 PM

Flop : I'd raise
River : I'd bet ... folding to a check-raise would depend on the read on the player. if there is no read, then it would depend on the atmosphere of the game. if it has been wild, then i'd call. if it has been calm, then i'd fold. it would also depend on how much i've pissed off the other players in recent hands. for example, if i was semi-bluffing with an inside straight draw, then caught a pair to win the pot on the River, it could look to the player like i was screwing around...and he could be looking for revenge.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:28 PM

bet this river. theres really no reason to think he has an ace as there is no reason for him to not bet the turn. and its not that likely he has a six either because there are only two left in the deck and bottom pair is more likely to check than bet out. theres a really good chance he has an 8 or perhaps chopping.