Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2005, 10:18 PM

Default How often would you play it like this?

Mid limit online, full game (not Party 15-30). I have 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the big blind. Folded to a seemingly decent player who raises in the cutoff. Button and SB fold, I call. Flop is 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I bet, cutoff raises, I call. The turn is the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I check, button bets, I raise. Comments? What's your plan if he calls and the river bricks? Bet or check-call?

Jeff
Old 02-22-2005, 10:22 PM

Default Re: How often would you play it like this?

[ QUOTE ]
What's your plan if he calls and the river bricks?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet and fold to a raise.

-Brad
Old 02-22-2005, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet and fold to a raise.

-Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes, I like a check-call if an A or K falls... just personal preference, you're still paying 1BB but (depending on player) this is quality bluff-inducement. Blink for a while before hitting check.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:33 AM

It seems like the flop checkraise is better in these spots, but your line is fine. I don't think there is a ton of difference.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:38 AM

Default RESULTS

Ok, I have to troll for some more interesting hands I guess. My opponent called my checkraise on the turn. I bet the river which was a total blank, he called. He had Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] so I lost. More comments welcome.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 02-23-2005, 12:11 PM

I still am really not confindent with my thinking when I write on these forums I need some feedback on what I say and if im wrong where did I go wrong...With that said,

check raise flop put in 4 bets

check, check turn

unless you hit trips, two pair, or flush dump on the river, what limit is this is it even 5/10?
Old 02-23-2005, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
check raise flop put in 4 bets

[/ QUOTE ]

You are an underdog here to hit your flush, and you most likely aren't going to win a showdown with your hand ... so why would you cap it. If he makes it 3 bets, chances are he is not folding.

Turn ... if he is folding, and that is part of your strategy, why wouldn't you bet the turn after your 4 bet check raise.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:19 PM

The game was higher than 15-30 (25-50). If you put in the last bet out of position on the flop, why would you suddenly check the turn when your hand has improved greatly and may now be the best hand? You basically scream draw also with that line.

Your thinking on the end is very weak tight. People are VERY aggressive with overcards at these limits. If I'm checking the end headsup, it's with the intention of calling.

Jeff
Old 02-23-2005, 04:26 PM

I would routinely fold this type of hand in the BB for a raise?
Can you share with us why you called?

Assuming you did call preflop like you did. I like to lead bet here like you did, because it increases your chance of picking up the pot on the flop.

On the turn I would lead into him again usually instead of checkraising, a checkraise more times than none ties them to the pot
Old 02-23-2005, 04:35 PM

I would fold pre-flop. Check-call the flop. Lead the turn, unless your opponent is a habitual bluffer, then I would check-call the turn and river. If I was raised on the turn and I didn't improve on the river, I would check/call or check/fold depending on my read on c/o as to how likely s/he is to raise the turn and fire again on the river with overs.