Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2005, 03:46 PM

Default B&M Tourney hand

I played in a tourney up in Reno this weekend where you start with 1200 in chips (after an add-on option) and the blinds start at 50-100. So basically there wasn't going to be much post-flop play.

Anyway, one table breaks and we get a few new players at my table. I'm on the button with 92o and it's folded to me. Since this time I've only shown down AKs and AA so I should have a tight image (if image even matters in these games, which it probably doesn't). I raise 4x BB and am called by a guy that's new to my table. The guy looked like he just walked in from the streets and had a fairly big stack. I had no idea how he plays, so mistake #1 is going for a steal against an unkown BB. What about the rest of the hand?

Flop comes 9c8c4h and he goes all-in before I can even blink. I thought for a while and finally gave it up because I had no idea how he played. I later found out he was a maniac that just loved to dump chips into people.

I ended up busting out 6th place OTM but that's no biggie. It was a very small (27 player) tourney with a small buy-in so I wasn't upset or anything. But I do keep thinking back to that hand where I had TPNK and he pushes on me. I'm pretty sure it's an easy fold, right?
Old 02-22-2005, 04:00 PM

Default Re: B&M Tourney hand

obviously your supposed tight image doesn't count for beans if the villain just sat down.

i probably call the push. overpair is unlikely, and i'd expect 2 pair or better to check it to you. 9x is pretty unlikely for a blind D, and we know where two of the 9's are.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:32 PM

Default Re: B&M Tourney hand

Thanks. This was what I was thinking afterward. He would be much more inclined to push with a flush draw/overcards than if he had actually hit the flop. I felt like I'd have a better chance to take his money later. Unfortunately I got my money in w/the best hand but my opponent hit his flush on the river to send me packing.