Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2005, 05:46 PM

Default 10/20 Turning Stone

Im in BB with 99, really loose game almost everyone limps, and there is usually a raise, or 2. Should I just fold my 99 in the BB to 2 bets, should I cap, im getting like 8-1 on my money right now everyone limped wtih a LAG in LP raised
Old 02-21-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Re: 10/20 Turning Stone

[ QUOTE ]
Im in BB with 99, really loose game almost everyone limps, and there is usually a raise, or 2. Should I just fold my 99 in the BB to 2 bets, should I cap, im getting like 8-1 on my money right now everyone limped wtih a LAG in LP raised

[/ QUOTE ]

You should check/call preflop. There is no point in betting or raising, because everyone who already limped (or called 2 bets) will not fold to one more bet with so many people in the pot, and even if your 99 is the best hand at the time, you're not much of a favorite against such a big field. See the flop, and hope you hit your set.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:30 PM

This post makes no sense. If it has been raised and reraised to you in the BB there is no way your getting 8:1 unless your assuming all other PF limpers are calling two cold. You may want clean this post up a little and have it make some sense. If your just asking if calling with 99 in a huge multi way pot that is laying you +EV odds to do so and huge implied odds if you hit your set then the answer is yes.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:53 PM

sean is right here ski. also, i have argued this before but everyone may not necessarily agree with me even though i feel that it is very correct, if you can raise in the bb against 7 limpers with 99 you are maximizing ev.