Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2005, 02:51 PM

Default FPS?

No reads. Despite I got the most possible out of this hand, I believe it's a clear case of fancy play syndrome. What do you think?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (6 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

River: (15 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB
Old 02-24-2005, 03:01 PM

Default Re: FPS?

It kind of feels like you got lucky he raised you on the turn. I think I would have check/raised it there.

By the way, Sonic Youth is my favorite band. Nice avatar.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:14 PM

At least it isn't too bad of a case. You bet the flop! Severe cases of FPS check that flop.

Well, I don't think you're folding the Kd or Qd on the flop even if you 3-bet it. Button probably had Kd, due to the call on the river. That's the only thing I'd be scared of here.. 4 flush on the board.

KO
Old 02-24-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It kind of feels like you got lucky he raised you on the turn. I think I would have check/raised it there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I felt like the king of poker doing it but afterwards I just feel lucky. The pot wasn't big on the flop and since a 3-bet wouldn't fold a higher flush draw (K/Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) I felt like I could slowplay a little (with a lower flush this play would really, really stink). But as you say, i won't get raised here very often.

Still i believ I should have 3-betted the flop rather than check/raise the turn. It may not be right to slowplay but I think my hand is strong enough for not wanting to face the field 2 cold. Check/raising the turn is an interesting idea I havn't thought much about, though.

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, Sonic Youth is my favorite band. Nice avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]
Guess you've heard Sonic Nurse from last year then. Daydream Nation is my favourite, but Sonic Nurse is just awsome!
Old 02-24-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I don't think you're folding the Kd or Qd on the flop even if you 3-bet it. Button probably had Kd, due to the call on the river. That's the only thing I'd be scared of here.. 4 flush on the board.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, if I had a lower flush I would definately 3-betted the flop. I was scared of a forth [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] coming, but it turns out I would have won either way:
UTG/Button A9/97 (non [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]s)
Old 02-24-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guess you've heard Sonic Nurse from last year then. Daydream Nation is my favourite, but Sonic Nurse is just awsome!

[/ QUOTE ]

Daydream nation is my favorite, too. A couple of years ago I did a Sonic Youth radio show, where I chronologically played each of their albums. I also played all the groups they were touring with during those particular times. It was rad.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:41 PM

Sweet... both had two pair. Ch-ching!

KO
Old 02-24-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Daydream nation is my favorite, too. A couple of years ago I did a Sonic Youth radio show, where I chronologically played each of their albums. I also played all the groups they were touring with during those particular times. It was rad.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, that's some quality radio [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I havn't even heard all of their albums. Teenage riot must be the best song ever.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:59 PM

Default HIJACK - This is FPS dood

Your hand is far from FPS. I would play it the way you played it a good % of the time. Take a look at the hand I played last night if you want to see what FPS is.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Superhero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Superhero calls, UTG folds, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Superhero bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Superhero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Superhero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Superhero raises</font>, Button calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Superhero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB
Old 02-24-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Re: HIJACK - This is FPS dood

[ QUOTE ]
Your hand is far from FPS. I would play it the way you played it a good % of the time. Take a look at the hand I played last night if you want to see what FPS is.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Superhero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Superhero calls, UTG folds, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Superhero bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Superhero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Superhero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Superhero raises</font>, Button calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Superhero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

this makes baby jesus cry [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]