Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2005, 01:01 AM

Default LOOSE GAMES AVERAGIN 6-8 WAYS PREFLOP

I want to start a serious discussion on very loose games. Basically in all of the cardrooms i play in whether it be 3/6 up to 10/20 these games are very loose with lots of passive calling stations who will call 2 or three cold quite often. My question here is all about hand standards and post flop play. There is very little discussion on extremely loose play as seen in most cardrooms today. The only literature that I feel even comes close to brushing the concept is Sklansky's Hold'em for Advanced on loose games. However even the "loose games" he talks about do not do today's games any justice. I play a very solid Tight Agressive game (mostly raise when entering a pot and play strong hands. That being said i know you need to see some flops in positon with J-10 Q-j suited etc.. I am looking for insight from people who have been very succesful in these loose passive/loose agressive games as what to look for in hand standards etc.. How and what they like to play and any basic advice on approaching these types of games... Thanks, look forward to solid discussion
Old 02-21-2005, 01:24 AM

Default Re: LOOSE GAMES AVERAGIN 6-8 WAYS PREFLOP

Try here

Or Here
Old 02-21-2005, 01:26 AM

Default Re: LOOSE GAMES AVERAGIN 6-8 WAYS PREFLOP

Try Ed Millers book, it is gear more toward this type of game.