Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2005, 03:23 AM

Default Up against a super rock.

MP2 is a rock, vpip about 10. (about 150 hands in the DB) Like the cover model for all rocks. Was I right to slow down. My thoughts are, its a rock, do they really have KT? Is it a set of aces? or an overplayed AQ/AJ? or is it best case scenario, a set of J's.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (14.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

River: (18.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 20.25 BB
Old 02-01-2005, 03:30 AM

Default Re: Up against a super rock.

with MP2 as you describe this is well played. we shouldn't be throwing in raises on the big streets when a rock has given us that much indication that we're behind. but we sure as hell aint folding either.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:36 AM

I know I don't fold. In what case do I push the turn and river more? Against a little more loose opponent I would think, but then again theres a better possibility for the KT.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:36 AM

Were you watching the game during the preflop action? MP2 called after two limpers, then again passed up the opportunity to raise when it was 6 ways preflop. Does this look like aces? No, this is AQ, AJ, JJ, maybe KTs.

You beat most of these, and you have a great draw against KT. Raise and cap the turn. You missed a lot of value here. Maybe slow down on the river if MP2 keeps coming and you miss you don't fill up.

Good luck.
Eric

poker lessons: www.ericlindauer.com/poker.html
Old 02-01-2005, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
with MP2 as you describe this is well played. we shouldn't be throwing in raises on the big streets when a rock has given us that much indication that we're behind. but we sure as hell aint folding either.

[/ QUOTE ]

What indication? We haven't been given any aggression numbers, all we know is he plays the top 10% of hands. Well, there are a lot of hands in the top 10%, and with aces highly unlikely given the preflop action, we beat nearly all of them. Failing to raise the turn is a crime against humanity, as DS might say.

Good luck.
Eric

poker lessons: www.ericlindauer.com/poker.html
Old 02-01-2005, 03:39 AM

Yea, I shoulda thought of that. I was a little blinded by him calling my cap and leading the turn, I kinda froze like "what the heck?"

.9 total aggro, 6 post flop aggro.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:51 AM

when the "cover model for all rocks" 3 bets me on this board after I raised preflop, I assume I am behind. perhaps that is weak, I'll certainly consider that possibility.
Old 02-01-2005, 04:53 AM

There are two hands that can beat you AA and KT. Why on earth play this passively. Because you are afraid of ghosts? You can raise the turn and see his reaction for example. You prefer a bad beat with AA to a maniac with 3 7?
Old 02-01-2005, 04:57 AM

I guess he has AQ or AJ and puts you in AK. Of course K10 is a possibility but not AA I think
Old 02-01-2005, 07:11 AM

Looks like two-pair to me, and I bet your hand is good.