Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Cosmically Delicious KTo hand (low content)

I enjoyed this hand.

Reads:

BB was a rock after 12 hands. Other than that, nothing on him.

Button: LA-P
-cdtr mpbk
-bfkft aft pfr
-cdtr ahi
-cdtr not, gs, ag ri str

"Calls down to river with middle pair bad kicker, with ace-high, and with nothing on the flop, then a gutshot. When he hits his gutshot, he blasts it (he hit his wheel with a 5), he once bet the flop and then check-folded the turn after a pre-flop raise."

As you can see, he calls down with a lot of stuff, but when he hits his straight on the river, or in another hand when he thought he had something, he really starts blasting.

--------

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (5 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero channels the forces of the universe and with divine knowledge checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button pauses for 20 seconds before being compelled to bet</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

-------

Now, if there was a flush or a more reasonable straight draw on the board, this would have been a reasonable check-raise heads-up. However, there's not.

I was 100% counting on his aggression when he did think he had something (which didn't necessarily mean he had me beat) to kick in. His raise on the flop showed me that he had a little something here.

It was entirely possible that this would have played out like his "raise then I fold" hand earlier, but that hand seemed to make a little more sense, because he could have had overcards or a low pair: the flop was Q5s8 or something like that.

As it turned out, he had K2: top pair, and bet it vs. my turn check. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

One of the nicest dollars I've ever earned.