Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2005, 12:14 PM

Default 10,000 hands, please help

90% have been at .5/1 Party and the other 10 at Paradise.

Brand new player, just trying to learn the game. Needless to say the bonuses have far exceeded my win rate from actual poker but as I said, new player.

My guess on the stats, PF raise is kind of low. Also my agression on all streets looks low. Agree with that and anything else you can add would be great. Thanks.

Old 02-17-2005, 12:27 PM

Default Re: 10,000 hands, please help

Quick thoughts

Only a little lower preflop than i am, i sit at 7.2% which is working fine.

Post flop you are too passive need to stop check calling, and start betting for yourself, let them call you, [censored] or get off the pot.

Regards Mack
Old 02-17-2005, 12:41 PM

You're folding to steal too much (My numbers are just a little lowwer: I'm folding too much also.)

Your aggression is way too low, though.

My flop aggression is almost 4, turn almost 3.5, and river almost 2.

I've seen people here with numbers of almost 6 on the flop. I'm not sure how the heck they can do that other than by folding a lot, but I'm pretty new to this myself.

--Dave.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quick thoughts

Only a little lower preflop than i am, i sit at 7.2% which is working fine.

Post flop you are too passive need to stop check calling, and start betting for yourself, let them call you, [censored] or get off the pot.

Regards Mack

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-17-2005, 01:06 PM

You're a little bit passive pre and postflop. I'd look at your positional stats and make sure you're appropriately opening up your game and raising in LP.

At 27k hands I'm VPIP 21.59, PFR 12.63 @ .5/1. Flop and turn aggression slightly above 2, and river aggression at 1.8. I was a bit passive for my first 10k at that limit, though.

Rob
Old 02-17-2005, 01:13 PM

If a million monkeys type on a million typewriters, one of them will get 5800 posts.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

(Props to Entity for his help on my other posts!)
Old 02-17-2005, 01:45 PM

You're going to showdown too much (35.5%) and your W$SD number reflects that (50.4%). The WSD number should go down to about 30-32% and that ought to bring your W$SD up to around 55%. Basically this means you're going too far with weak made hands, maybe calling down with ace high or middle pair too much.

You can PFR way more than that at .5/1--you should be raising 99, AJo and KQo from any position and with a lot of limpers, value raise hands like KJs.

You might just be running bad--your W$WSF (29%) is pretty low compared to mine (~33%). Your win rate is a little low for that limit but your sample size is very small.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're going to showdown too much (35.5%) and your W$SD number reflects that (50.4%). The WSD number should go down to about 30-32% and that ought to bring your W$SD up to around 55%. Basically this means you're going too far with weak made hands, maybe calling down with ace high or middle pair too much.

You can PFR way more than that at .5/1--you should be raising 99, AJo and KQo from any position and with a lot of limpers, value raise hands like KJs.

You might just be running bad--your W$WSF (29%) is pretty low compared to mine (~33%). Your win rate is a little low for that limit but your sample size is very small.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just going through some older stats threads the other night, and I thought that the went to showdown number should be 33-34?
Old 02-17-2005, 02:55 PM

I don't think that the number for going to the showdown is a very good indicator of anything at this level. Too often your faced with a large pot with only a single bet to see the end. If your getting 10:1 odds on final bet you only need to be right about the bettor bluffing once every 10 times to break even. Unless you have reason to believe that you are truely dead you should call. It's the difference between losing one more bet or losing the pot. This number does not take this fact, which occurs very often at microlevels, into account.

Wang tang ting tong I am the Japanese sandman, take eight.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:36 PM

Not exactly.

If you have about a 12% chance of having the best hand in a 15BB pot, then folding only costs you 0.8BB worth of equity.

Now admittedly, that's a lot of equity.

Do it twice per 100 hands and it's going to be tough for you to stay above 1.5BB/100...

But it's not like you're going to see -20bb/100 hands if you fold on the river fairly often but play well otherwise.

(by often, I mean 40% with TPTK vs aggression on the turn and 1 bet on the river.)

--Dave.