Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2005, 12:19 PM

Default Ultimate Bet cashout issues

Okay, first of all I'd like to state that I realize how incredibly stupid all of this was on my part, but I want to not only make sure nobody else makes the same mistake, and also to see if somehow I can get this fixed.

I made a 500$ deposit to UB a week ago to do their 200$ bonus, and noticed they require you be 21 to play. Well, I'm 19. (herein lies the main problem). I, being the compulsive bonus-whoring gambler I am, lied about my age, and deposited anyway (fatal mistake).

And so, I played for a good hour or two, made 20$ off of the bonus, and 30$ just from playing. I then get an IM from a friend suggesting I w/d asap as I am underage and they won't be too thrilled about it, so I attempt to withdraw my 500$.

A few days later, I get this email from UB:

Dear Sir/Madam ,

Your recent withdrawal (#308901 in the amount of $544.00) has been
cancelled because it does not meet our minimum withdrawal amount of
$5.

We hope to see you at our tables.

Sincerely,

Casey
Customer Service

I then decided it might be a good idea to transfer the money to someone else (over 21) and just have them transfer the amount to me via neteller, but this is the message I get when attempting to make an inter-account transfer:

Your customer status is not authorized to transfer real money and you do not have the min. amount of funds available to transfer Play Chips and/or Tournament Entry Chips.

And so, another option would be to dump to another player (as I can play with the cash, just can't w/d or transfer it), but this is illegal, and as I've already caused enough problems already, I don't want someone else to get involved/screwed over within this ordeal.

So here I am, out 500$, slightly screwed (My car died yesterday, and my gf got in a wreck w/her car... and I work 50 miles from home), wondering if there's any chance in hell I can get my cash back.

I've posted this prior to calling up their customer support (as I don't want them to lock my account completely).

I am truly grateful for any feedback, and apologize for the lengthy post.

-Chris
Old 02-15-2005, 12:40 PM

Default Re: Ultimate Bet cashout issues

bump for ya bro :P
Old 02-15-2005, 01:34 PM

um, yea, im confused. why are they saying that your 544$ withdrawl doesnt meet the 5$ minimum. i know plenty of under 21 players on UB that have no problems at all.
you might want to send support an email asking them to explain themselves. as far as i can tell from your description of the situation, no one from UB even knows youre under 21.

oh yea, and dont chip dump or its all over for you.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:48 PM

Yeah, doesn't really make sense. Seems like UB thinks you have a play money account for some reason? I don't think the reason is that you're underaged and they put a lock on your account. I would say give them a call and ask what's up. They probably would have no reason to ask you your age.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:49 PM

Oh yeah. DO NOT CHIP DUMP.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:51 PM

First, UB has a great support staff. They respond quickly and, at least in my case, correctly.

Last, first - you can not transfer your money because you do not have a Preferred Account. Getting a Preferred Account is as simple as asking for it. The first time I asked I got a response within the hour which said, basically "We can see you are playing with $ but you haven't deposited any, someone transfered it to you, show us you've 'earned it'". So I deposited a few times, withdrew a few times, asked again, and received it. That's all there is to that. You've already made one deposit, so all you need now is a history with them. Play your $500 for a while, as for a Preferred Account and you'll probably get it.

As to the $544 < $5... I agree with the previous post, that is a glitch of some sort. Your emailing and asking them about it should in no way cause them to attempt to verify your age. Unless, of course, UB employees read the forums and the amount jumps out at them [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

As to being underage... You already know it is wrong, you've chosen to do it anyways, you've expressed your willingness to accept the consequences up to and including losing the money. Not much else you can do...
Old 02-15-2005, 01:53 PM

Like others said, do not chip dump. If you chip dump all of your money and the money of the person you dump to will be confiscated. You'll get no sympathy here if that happens. Next, just withdraw again. They could give a damn if you're 81 or 11. Clearly they just made a mistake in the withdrawal. Just do it again and I'm sure it will be fine.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:05 PM

I dont know what happened with your withdrawal request but the reason you cant transfer is because it takes 3 months of real money play for you to become a "preferred member" or whatever. If you want to still do the transfer just email UB support with the ammount, your username, the persons username who you want to transfer to and they can do it. I did this a few weeks ago (it was only for $5 though) since I didnt have preferred status yet.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:09 PM

I really appreciate all of the helpful replies - I emailed them a couple hours ago. I'll post a reply whenever I get an email back.

Once again, I realize what I did was incredibly stupid (and illegal) and am hoping to stray others from making the same mistake.

Man has this been a rough week, lol.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:30 PM

There's almost no chance they'll ask you for ID to verify your age. They just don't care. Just keep up correspondance with them like you are doing, and you'll be fine.