Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2005, 02:33 PM

Default 100+9: How\'s my play if I raised 3xBB preflop and miss the flop?

Assume no reads because of multi-tabling.

Whenever I have AK, i raise 5xBB at lvl1, 3xBB lvl2-3, and 2.5xBB lvl4+.

Lvl 1-4:
- if i have 10BB or less, i push preflop.

- if i miss the flop, am against only 1 or 2 players and is checked to me, i always make a play for the pot with a 3/4 pot bet.

if called, i check/fold to showdown if I don't improve.

if the postflop steal bet is 40% of my stack, i push. I'm hoping that players will not risk their $109 buy-in at these low blind lvls with calling with medium/bottom pair. <font color="red">Right/wrong??? or should i not try to steal when i'm low on chips?</font>

- if someone bets first or am check/raised, i fold.

Lvl 5+ (100/200+)
It is not unusual to find 6+ players left at lvl5.

If i have 7BB or less, i push w/ak.

If i have 8BB+, i will not push. I raise 2.5BB. My thinking is that at these blinds lvls, a 500chip bet is enuf to take the blinds. I don't want to get into a coin toss vs pocket pair since there are so many players left.

and at 6+ players, 8BB (1600 chips) is a medium stack. if i lose the hand (ie: get outplayed post flop), i still have 1100 chips left.

With 6+ players and 1100 chips, there's some time for me to get cards before the blinds hit me again. Survive to ITM...

<font color="red">Right/wrong??</font> should i always push w/10BB or less???

If my preflop raise is called and i miss the flop, i min bet if checked to me. then check/fold to showdown if i don't improve.

if he bets 1st or am check/raised, i fold.

PLEASE CRITIQUE EVERYTHING and tell me what you would do differently and why [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2005, 11:27 PM

Default Re: 100+9: How\'s my play if I raised 3xBB preflop and miss the flop?

noone?? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2005, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Assume no reads because of multi-tabling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you're 16 tabling you should have *some* sort of read. But okie dokie, no read, here goes!

[ QUOTE ]

Whenever I have AK, i raise 5xBB at lvl1, 3xBB lvl2-3, and 2.5xBB lvl4+.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, I'd raise less most likely and how I'd play it exactly would depend on position.

[ QUOTE ]

Lvl 1-4:
- if i have 10BB or less, i push preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

With any two or if you play ur hand u push?

[ QUOTE ]

- if i miss the flop, am against only 1 or 2 players and is checked to me, i always make a play for the pot with a 3/4 pot bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like a good way to leak chips. But I"m a postfloppy fishy.

[ QUOTE ]

if the postflop steal bet is 40% of my stack, i push. I'm hoping that players will not risk their $109 buy-in at these low blind lvls with calling with medium/bottom pair. <font color="red">Right/wrong??? or should i not try to steal when i'm low on chips?</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, all of this stuff seems to depend heavily on context. What are you trying to do here with these questions, write a bot? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

- if someone bets first or am check/raised, i fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I'd call/reraise postflop if my hand was very good.

[ QUOTE ]

Lvl 5+ (100/200+)
It is not unusual to find 6+ players left at lvl5.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me about it (and I've only played as high as 55s).

[ QUOTE ]

If i have 7BB or less, i push w/ak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I push with much more given the context.

[ QUOTE ]

If i have 8BB+, i will not push. I raise 2.5BB. My thinking is that at these blinds lvls, a 500chip bet is enuf to take the blinds. I don't want to get into a coin toss vs pocket pair since there are so many players left.
and at 6+ players, 8BB (1600 chips) is a medium stack. if i lose the hand (ie: get outplayed post flop), i still have 1100 chips left.

[/ QUOTE ]

With AK I push in amny of the situations ur talking about (but not all by any means).

[ QUOTE ]

With 6+ players and 1100 chips, there's some time for me to get cards before the blinds hit me again. Survive to ITM...

<font color="red">Right/wrong??</font> should i always push w/10BB or less???

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess not *always* but most of the time sounds right.

[ QUOTE ]

If my preflop raise is called and i miss the flop, i min bet if checked to me. then check/fold to showdown if i don't improve.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, there are lots of things I might do too given on the context, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

[ QUOTE ]

if he bets 1st or am check/raised, i fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds solid unless you have a very good hand.

[ QUOTE ]

PLEASE CRITIQUE EVERYTHING and tell me what you would do differently and why [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, if I was a betting man I'd bet that you'v egotten few resonses
A) b/c not too many ppl are posting at the moment today
B) b/c your stream-of-convoluded-conciousness isn't really that easy to follow/digest/comment on
C) All of the questions you pose depend on things that are not given. Some of what you say perhaps makes sense and perhaps doesn't.

I commented on everything if that makes you happy but I doubt I helped you much. This apparently is the best a lowly Yugoslav can do...

Yugoslav
Old 02-13-2005, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like a good way to leak chips. But I"m a postfloppy fishy.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i do leak chips if i am called since they usually have middle or bottom pair. or sense my weakness and bet when i check.

that's why i'm asking should i make a play for the pot if i had ak, raise preflop, and miss the flop?
Old 02-13-2005, 09:38 PM

Yuck. I don't like most of what you just wrote. You basically explained why it's easy to play against weak/tight players who don't like to play after the flop.

You are taking huge reverse implied odds with many of those plays and you are too predictable because you are playing AK like all of the other monkeys.

I know posters here tend to hate it when I tell them their play reeks and then don't explain exactly how they should be playing instead... but it should be obvious why I can't explain how to play AK in a single post. Also, I find it very helpful when I post something and somebody says, "no, dude, you are wrong." It makes me dissect my thoughts on my own and examine my approach to the situation. Adanthar and Gigabet are good at doing this, and so is ChrisV.

So, I'm sorry if you don't like this post, but your play reeks.

Irieguy