Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Atlantic City steakhouse? Crosspost from other other

Anybody have a favorite? I'm going to be down this week, looking to spend a little of the bankroll on a good hunk o' meat. My wife is a vegetarian (she's not coming) so this is a rare chance for me, usually limited to Italian or other fare where vegies can eat too. How's the Safari steakhouse at the Taj? or are they all pretty much the same?
Thanks
Old 02-20-2005, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Atlantic City steakhouse? Crosspost from other other

There's one steakhouse in AC worth visiting: The Brighton at Sands!

Make sure to get a reservation, it's very popular and they hold most of the tables to comp the regulars.

I highly recommend the prime rib, it's absolutely in the upper echelon, but basically everything they serve is worth eating, and the place has a nice rustic ambience, very good bread (always a telltale sign of a good eatery), strong cocktails and decent service.

Only problem: the coffee sucks. We usually fix that by ordering espresso to mix into that "hot water and a crayon" they try to pass as coffee.

Enjoy!

Best,

McMelchior (Johan)
Old 02-20-2005, 08:53 PM

Old Homestead at the Borgata is equal parts expensive and fantastic. You can check out the menu if you click here
Old 02-20-2005, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Old Homestead at the Borgata is equal parts expensive and fantastic. You can check out the menu if you click here

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. The porterhouse for two is excellent if you enjoy steak that isn't marinated.
Old 02-20-2005, 11:17 PM

Thanks for the replys and link to the menu. ($41 burger!) We're going to be playing at the Trop. and Taj so probably check out the place at the Sands. Do you know if they have a dress code? (ie no jeans, sneakers)
Thanks again.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:21 AM

I've eaten in a lot of fancy and expensive restaurants and all over AC. The best steak i've ever had was at the Oaks at the Hilton. i've been there twice and both times was amazing.

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody have a favorite? I'm going to be down this week, looking to spend a little of the bankroll on a good hunk o' meat. My wife is a vegetarian (she's not coming) so this is a rare chance for me, usually limited to Italian or other fare where vegies can eat too. How's the Safari steakhouse at the Taj? or are they all pretty much the same?
Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-21-2005, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My steak was burnt (charcoal) outside and bloody inside.... I had ordered medium-well. I think they did a rather poor job cooking it, maybe because it was a packed night. The sides were very good tho, and the prices average for a good steakhouse. I would not rsh back there though, as if I want to eat soot, I can just lick my ashtray
Old 02-21-2005, 12:15 PM

As with most experiences that take into account individual experiences, your mileage may vary. I had two fantastic steaks the two times I've dined there (the sirloin and the filet), both cooked to perfection, both on a weekend while it was crowded.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:53 PM

Again, thanks for the replys. I'm kinda bummed though, it looks like many of these places are closed on Tues. (the only night I'll be in town). May have to go with the old standby of getting drunk and eating corned beef at the Irish Pub. Mmmm Guinness. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]