Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2005, 06:02 PM

Default Is there a good time to fold this?

I have a slight read (only 10 hands) here but button is 30% VPIP 10% PFR other guys are fishys from what i can tell.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds.

Flop: (15 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Perfect flop here right? Or should i be alarmed at this betting here.

Turn: (17.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Looking back maybe capping here isn't the best idea when the Q falls.

River: (37.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB folds.

Figured it was time to just call here.

Final Pot: 46.50 BB

Ok just because i find it amazing how you guys can do this... guess their hands [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2005, 06:24 PM

Default Re: Is there a good time to fold this?

I'm changing my first guess for UTG to JT, even though the flop bet is telling me 33.

God only knows what MP1 has.

Button....eh, AQ.

If I were play this, I would have:

3-bet pre-flop, and either bet out or check/raised on the flop depending on whether or not the Button capped it.

I also think if you're going to call/cap the turn, (which I'm not a big fan of), you should just 3-bet it to begin with.

I'm not a huge fan of the river bet, either.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:29 PM

3-bet PF.
bet the flop, hoping to 3-bet.

no need for fancy plays postflop. the turn check-coldcall-cap is bizarre. folding anywhere would be bad.

hands? tough to tell w/o reads.
button fears JT.. with the flop cap and turn raise it looks like AK/KK/AA. 10% PFR isn't gunshy (if the sample is fine), so i figure he has the weakest of those 3.. AK.

UTG's play looks like JT... except the flop bet. maybe he wanted to test the PFR for some silly reason, or he flopped a set. JT or 33 are the most likely here.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:41 PM

man i played this terrible [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] half the problem was i was on a AK tilt losing 4 AK hands before it and consequently 3 more later on in the session. Bad day for AK [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2005, 06:45 PM

button - 33
UTG AQ
BB - Ax
MP1 - K10s
Old 02-09-2005, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
button has 33

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

I can't figure out his hand, though. Maybe AQ.

UTG has 33.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:48 PM

Bet out on the flop. If you were trying to checkraise to protect your hand, what you failed to consider was the fact if button bets (the most likely bettor) and you raised, you would be offering 1:9 to the first opponent to call. Pretty good odds, and most hands would be right to call.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:50 PM

By the way, 10 hands isn't a slight read. It's nothing at all. Don't go by 10 hand reads!
Old 02-09-2005, 06:52 PM

I added the other hands... let's see the results. How much are you going to bet me?? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2005, 06:55 PM

Provided you didn't know ahead of time, I'll bet you $5 that button doesn't have 33 here.