Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2005, 07:19 PM

Default Terribly Played Hand 2/3 100NL Live

this one's just gak, i make no defense of my actions, i'm just curious as to how you all would have played it.

Live 2/3 100NL at commerce

two opponents are:

Kid (BB)- has on a UCI sweatshirt and took a long walk after he lost his first buyin betting it in preflop with AK against KK which held up. the money means something to him and he's been playing like a super rock, which has him worn down to a stack of about 60 bucks.

really nice guy (MP)- the only guy i really liked at the table. good looking somewhat overweight Korean dude who was mega laggy and not super knowledgable but did understand position very well. he's running well and talking trash right back at the morons on our table and laughing his ass off, which is great (one retard called his all-in after he'd obviously turned a flush and goes "damn chinky moves, nobody plays a flush like that" and RNG didn't miss a beat in scooping the pot and going "I Korea babaaaaaay, aaaaaahahahahaahahaaha!") he's sittin on about 1600.

I'm on SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Preflop:

folded to RNG who makes it 10, CO calls, I (~900) call, Kid calls.

the RNG pfr with no re-raise means that my hand is better than his 95% of the time and better than everyone else's 100% of the time. his raise means any ace, any pair, any two sooted, any two connected or any two picture cards.

repop OOP against the only stack that can bust me maybe? I thought i was trapping RNG with a dominating ace, good idea?

Flop (35):
Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Kid's eyes snatch a glance at his chips, then at mine, then he looks away from the table, stealing glances at my hands as I think about betting. He has a 5, AQ or AA-QQ.

I check, he bets $10 with a trembling hand, RNG calls without even thinking (this really tells me nothing about his hand), CO folds, I call.

Turn (65):
4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I lead for 40, kid insta-calls, RNG folds

River (145):
A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

No action as he's all-in.

I play bad.

fim
Old 02-06-2005, 07:47 PM

Default Re: Terribly Played Hand 2/3 100NL Live

QQ you moron. Fold on the flop.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:16 AM

were you hoping RNG would call and set up a side pot?

3 of caro's tells...my guess is 55. surely he would have re-popped PF with QQ.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
took a long walk after he lost his first buyin betting it in preflop with AK against KK which held up. the money means something to him and he's been playing like a super rock

[/ QUOTE ]
This guy is not re-raising QQ preflop.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:33 AM

Default so...

the prognosis is call preflop and fold the flop?

fim
Old 02-07-2005, 01:42 AM

Default Re: so...

Sounds good to me if you are certain of your read. If you are unsure, then you played it okay getting all-in against the short stack and giving yourself a good chance of making some cash on the side off the loosey goosey. But, given your rocky/big hand read, I think folding the flop can't be too bad.
Old 02-07-2005, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the prognosis is call preflop and fold the flop?

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

Given your read of the kid, yeah.

I dont play enough live to really have sick reads like that, (although I have read Caros, heh.. ;x ) but if he is wicked weak tight and your read on RNG is he's positionally aware / raising with a much worse hand, you could resteal big pf. (Sorta a tourney move) Problem with AQs is even if you dominate RNG, it's going to be hard to win a big pot OOP, even more so because there is a short stack involved who will make RNG realize you're not bluffing.

In the heat of battle I wouldn't consider reraising pf, but once I've called and see that flop, I'm not sure best way to approach it. Folding cant be wrong. Calling is ok too, especially if you can evaluate 100% on the turn.

edit - Fim, answer my PM! :P
Old 02-07-2005, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Problem with AQs is even if you dominate RNG, it's going to be hard to win a big pot OOP, even more so because there is a short stack involved who will make RNG realize you're not bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

ooooooo, good point. Never even crossed my mind.

fim
Old 02-07-2005, 03:16 AM

I'd call pre flop too. If you're certain of your read, I guess I could check fold, but you gotta be certain! So, I would probably lead out $15 and fold to a raise and if he calls , I'd be quite sure of my QQ read and go into check/fold mode. I would guess he has AA here - as he should let RNG and you do the betting if he's full already.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:37 AM

Looks like the $10 I-got-a-monster-I-hope-no-one-folds bet to me.