Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2005, 08:25 AM

Default nexgen break down?

hey... heard so much praise about these chips i figured many on here have them. http://www.5stardeal.com/deals/10Exp...ctCode=10-8000

i think all the praise has caused me to get a set... just wondering what break down you guys would suggest. both color and quantity of each. (i am looking at getting 500 and see little need for more then 4 colors... unless someone can give me a good reason to get more) figured many of you already have a set and have suggestions.

thanks alot... and thanks for any input.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:03 AM

Default Re: nexgen break down?

My breakdown is like this:

150 whites, $1 (or get blues if you must)
150 red, $5
100 green, $25
75 black, $100
25 purple, $500

... but you're probably right about only 4 colours being necessary. Make it 100 black.

Enjoy,
--JTR.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:44 PM

Hey JTR,
where did you buy your nexgens and how much was shipping and customs?I'm in the U.K. too and was looking to get a tournament set of these but the shipping is a bit of a put off.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:55 PM

Might help if you include the games/limits you like to play and/or tourney setups you prefer (e.g. HPT vs Foxwoods structure).

I like the 5/25/100/500 setup for both tourneys & cash games... maybe even 25/100/500/Non-denom.

- Fins
Old 02-07-2005, 02:51 PM

Sorry, didn't mean to give a misleading impression. Mine are not nexgens they're (shhhh) dice chips. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Just trying to give they guy an idea about a chip breakdown that's worked out well for me.

I know what you mean about the temptation to ship some nexgens over here. I keep seeing all this enthusiasm for those chips, plus the excellent label designs some people have shown, and I keep thinking, hey, I could afford some of those. But then I look at pokerchips.com or similar real clays and think, no, damnit, I will just win tons of money online and buy the real thing later on. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

To tell the truth, the dice chips work fine for my home game. (They even get a "wow" from visitors, which is embarrassing given the crap reputation such chips have around here.) None of us can do chip tricks anyway, and given the amount of alcohol consumed, I think we'd knock over stacks of even much less slippery chips.

So, real clays in a year or two it is, sadly.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:05 PM

i mostly play nl tournaments... one table... sometimes do cash games... as for the structure i'm not sure how foxwoods or anywhere really does it... right now... we start with $30 in chips and blinds being 25/50 cents. my first set i got 200 of whites and felt like i didn't need that many b/c after we raised the blinds twice they are useless anyways
Old 02-07-2005, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i mostly play nl tournaments... one table... sometimes do cash games... as for the structure i'm not sure how foxwoods or anywhere really does it... right now... we start with $30 in chips and blinds being 25/50 cents. my first set i got 200 of whites and felt like i didn't need that many b/c after we raised the blinds twice they are useless anyways

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's are some links with some options...
Breakdown Thread 1

Breakdown Thread 2

Breakdown Thread 3

Suits group buy discussed breakdowns - alot of pages but I think there was some good info there.

Just asked about the structure 'cause some like to start at 5/10 (See HPT Chips Needed if you haven't already) or at 25/25... 25/50 like Foxwoods. Others run it like you suggest in a face value like a cash game.

Also try "breakdown" here...
- Fins
Old 02-08-2005, 01:17 AM

Where have you heard praise about these? I'm looking for a set to buy and I am thinking maybe I should consifer the Nexgen as well.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:44 AM

i've heard a lot of praise from people on this site...
they are a good deal... price wise... if they are the quality everyone talks about...
http://www.5stardeal.com/deals/10Exp...ctCode=10-8000