Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2005, 11:31 AM

Default the Daily Hand Post

Hand 1

Villain seemed TAGish, only 20 hands.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

River: (9.20 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ?

<font color="brown">How would you have played this hand? I probably butchered it, it didn't feel right to check-fold the turn, should I just have called down?</font>

Hand 2

Villain is 19/12 over 100 hands. Aggression 3.5

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="brown">Pretty standard defense, ye?</font>

Flop: (4 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>. Hero?

Hand 3

Standard party loosies.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP folds, Button calls.

<font color="brown">Pretty standard when the button bets? What would you have done if it was the BB and folded to you? Or MP and Button called?</font>

Turn: (4 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>?

Final Pot: 5 BB

Hand 4

Villain is 55/21, Aggression 2.56

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="brown">Standard?</font>

Final Pot: 9.20 BB
Old 02-03-2005, 02:12 PM

Default Re: the Daily Hand Post

Hand 1: A queen isn't folding and a TAGish player takes a free card a fair bit with AK. I'd check-call the turn and consider leading a favorable river card.

Hand 2: I almost always call the flop and look to raise a non-big turn card. I think the preflop is fine unless he is very exceptionally tidy preflop.

Hand 3: I would like hand 3 if the button is a known aggressor and you had a better kicker. You are beat by any K and most Ts (but beat stuff like QJ and middle pocket pairs). I don't think the pot is big enough to fight over unless you had an overcard kicker (AT) or were against a button who you know is betting a lot of hands here. If BB bet you would be getting something like 5 or 6 to 1 to call a bet made into a two other players, so I'd just fold, the pot isn't big enough and his flop bet shows decent strength, even if he is fairly aggressive.

Hand 4: Against a laggy guy I's raise the turn and bet a lot of non-flush, non-straight river cards, taking a free showdown otherwise (I need to think abotu the river a bit more if you pop the turn and get called). The thing I don't like so much is you have to call a turn 3-bet and then get into sticky spot when he bets a small black river card, but against a guy this aggressive I think the turn raise is the way to go.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:55 PM

Hand 1: Why did you choose to check/raise the turn instead of reraising the flop? No way I'm folding this HU. I think a check/call is in order on the river.

Hand 2: Call down the turn/river, bet if checked to. An opponent this aggressive is likely to be out of line on this board.

Hand 3: Excellent.

Hand 4: Put in another raise on the flop or turn. Your opponent is absurdly aggressive and you are usually ahead w/ 88.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:34 PM

Hand 1: I call down the turn and river

Hand 2: Call down

Hand 3: Same way I'd play it. Nice hand.

Hand 4: Mabye raise the turn, but I would take your line most often. Bet if checked to.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:45 AM

Great replies.

Results:

Hand 1: I check-called the river and Button showed QJ
Hand 2: I called turn, River was an 8, I raised river, he called and flipped over JT [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Hand 3: I bet and button folded
Hand 4: BB shows J9o
Old 02-04-2005, 05:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Great replies.

Results:

Hand 1: I check-called the river and Button showed QJ
Hand 2: I called turn, River was an 8, I raised river, he called and flipped over JT [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Hand 3: I bet and button folded
Hand 4: BB shows J9o

[/ QUOTE ]

You're making us all look silly. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2005, 06:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're making us all look silly. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's poker [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]