Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2005, 11:16 AM

Default one gapper unraised on button

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (3 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB

MP3 was on a rush and seem to be playing it. He had just raised from EP with K7s, got it HU with a LAG(SB) and bluffed him out on the turn and showed it to him.
Risky bluff considering the LAG hadn't folded a hand in a hour. Hey it worked though. When he raises the river I'm obviously a little worried but he definately could have been pushing a straight in my opinion and the LAG(SB) on my left
would call with very little I felt. By the way I had the notion to raise the turn for just one split second but thought better of it. These two could have anything though.

Comments, would you have been in the hand? would you have raised the river?
Old 02-03-2005, 11:49 AM

Default Re: one gapper unraised on button

I think the river raise is bad. Go for the overcall from the SB and deny MP3 the option to 3-bet you.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Re: one gapper unraised on button

That was my first thought but I really thought he was bad enough to over call for two bets though and the other guy had been playing fairly fast. You are probably right though. I had that feeling right after I hit the raise button I shouldn't have.