Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2005, 04:04 PM

Default what you would rather question

would you rather play a sng for an hour and get knocked out in 4th (no money) or play a monster first hand and get knocked out (also no money).
it just happened to me (aces first hand)and i like the latter cause didnt waste an hour of my day.
but i am hot hot hot now!
Old 02-02-2005, 04:19 PM

Default Re: what you would rather question

Knocked out early of course. If I'm not going to money in a particular SNG, why bother playing through it?

I guess some people just like playing them, but I'd rather move on to another potentially profitable one then piss away an hour on one that isn't going to get me anything.

Personally, I get pissed when I get knocked out on the bubble, and I usually just chuckle if I get aces/kings/set/etc cracked for all my chips in the first orbit.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I get pissed when I get knocked out on the bubble, and I usually just chuckle if I get aces/kings/set/etc cracked for all my chips in the first orbit.

[/ QUOTE ]
almost word for word what i said to my buddy who insists he would rather play longer and get 4th. i think he is crazy but he is also not as serious about poker as i am and probably the rest of 2+2.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
almost word for word what i said to my buddy who insists he would rather play longer and get 4th. i think he is crazy but he is also not as serious about poker as i am and probably the rest of 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

He cares about being good at poker more than money, but good poker players care more about money than being good at poker.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:34 PM

i like that little insight.
i think he may just like to play though, he plays micro stakes and to kill time.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:03 PM

"almost word for word what i said to my buddy who insists he would rather play longer and get 4th. i think he is crazy but he is also not as serious about poker as i am and probably the rest of 2+2."

Some people gamble primarily as a form of entertainment. Thus the longer they last, the more entertained they are. (Ever heard that friend brag to you: Yeah man, I was in Vegas and played craps all day and I only lost $100!)

We call these people "fish".
Old 02-02-2005, 05:07 PM

indeed my buddy is a fish and he knows it too. he is forever reserved a seat at our home game which he almost always fills. God bless him [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]